Tobin Bridge with LED Lights?

lapradetom

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of a plan to illuminate the Tobin Bridge with LED lighting? I read that "Phillips Color Kinetics" is based in Boston, and that's exactly what they do. Checked out their website, and after seeing their work, it seems like a project worth looking into. Problem is, where does the funding come from? How about if we ask a deep pocketed sponsor for some help? Hint: Rename it the Kraft Memorial Bridge in honor of Mr. Krafts' wife, who passed away? (with a sizable donation, of course)
Is that disrespectful of Mr. Tobin, since he's the one who spearheaded its' construction? If so, I apologize for the indiscretion. Bottom line is: Lighting it would greatly enhance the cityscape and environs.

I like your thinking; if we could get someone to pay a few grand for relighting the Moakley bridge we could get it renamed after someone other than Moak's wife.

Get Kraft to fund a new bridge to Chelsea, then name it after anyone he wants and then really light it up.

I know Philips Color Kinetics did the replacement lights on the Zakim a few years back.

I know Philips Color Kinetics did the replacement lights on the Zakim a few years back.

Color Kinetics started out in downtown, moved to Burlington and eventually got bought by Phillips. (I know, because one of my best friends worked there for a number of years).

They are responsible for the lights on the Zakim, as well as the TD Garden and numerous other major installations here and all over the world (A bunch in Vegas, CN Tower in Toronto to name a couple).

Back