Trump on the hunt in hub: Mogul?s empire eyeing properties

Now he's building in Charlotte, NC.
TrumpCharlotte.jpg

There has to be a reason why he has not attempted something here. Boston is such a great city, I am surprised nothing is in the works. Maybe someday.

wait. you really don't know the reason he's not building here????

:p

No, I really don't. He's got deep pockets, a track record of successful developments and he's the Donald!

Is it the Donald's Tower, or somebody else's tower with the Donald putting his name on it?

This is a belly-up Trump Tower in Tampa.
Even if Donald Trump did breach a contract by disclosing some of its confidential terms, SimDag/RoBEL LLC still were required to build Trump Tower Tampa and pay monies due to the New York City real estate developer. That's the position of the developer, according to documents filed with the U.S. District Court's Middle District of Florida Tuesday.

Trump attorney Christopher L. Griffin of Tampa's Foley & Lardner LLP argued that defenses SimDag had offered in its Jan. 2 response to Trump's suit should be stricken. In his motion, Griffin argues that because SimDag didn't provide facts that would be considered beyond the level of speculation, its defense should not be allowed to continue with the lawsuit.

Trump sued SimDag/RoBEL - the Tampa developer that later became SimDag LLC - last May for more than $1 million owed to him from a licensing agreement to use his name for the planned 52-story residential tower slated to bear Trump's name. SimDag chief executive Frank Dagostino claimed in a countersuit filed earlier this month that Trump's disclosure that he was merely a licensor rather than part of the development team might have caused irreparable harm to the project that has been in development limbo for the last three years.
http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2008/01/28/daily24.html?jst=b_ln_hl

The Charlotte development is a real deal Trump Organization development....not a Acme Brand, with a Trump bumper sticker...when it gets off the ground is another matter...heavy speculation is since there is a 750k+ office component involved, that it is related to a corporate relocation.

I will say one thing, Charlotte is MUCH easier to develop....potential sites all allow for unlimited height, and neighborhood groups have no binding power. In fact, since they would already have appropriate zoning, there is NOTHING that could stop Trump from building as long as he meets current codes.

^thats odd, my friend who lives in Tampa said the trump tower was canceled there?

Assumingwe are talking about this ugly fellow:
model_1.jpg

Anyway, if trump were to build in Boston, i think nothing more than 60 stories. If it gets taller than that, it will become the face of our skyline. And I'd prefer the Pru and Hancock over some fancy trump 80 story tower any day.

And look at this ugly beast he might build in Dubai. Where ugly beasts belong.
trump-inside.jpg

The Tampa project shares the charm of the string of beach front condo towers being thrown up from South Beach up through North Miami Beach.

The Dubai rendering looks like something you would stomp quick before the ugly bug inside crawled out of it.

To tell you the truth, most of his projects, no more how down right ugly it is, still looks better than most towers in Boston. The Dubai project shouldn't count though. It is the place here all architect think outside the box. He would never propose a tower like that in any other city.

Back