UK Pubs

I see this post was relocated to “pubs”. The significance of the story, in which the use of the demolished building had been a pub, was lost on the moderator who moved it.
Pity.

I see this post was relocated to “pubs”. The significance of the story, in which the use of the demolished building had been a pub, was lost on the moderator who moved it.
Pity.

I don't think this forum works well for simply sharing links, unless the content is very obviously related to local development. But even then, I prefer to read people's original thoughts and commentary than just see a posted link. Doubly true with more esoteric subject matter.

Reactions: Rip
Perhaps developers tearing down historic properties is esoteric? One would have thought that was a reoccurring complaint.
What was significant was government ordering a reconstruction, brick for brick.
But one would have to READ the story to understand its significance, rather than being spoonfed.

Fair enough, but a short TLDR usually helps promote the link, or at least helps people decide whether to click the link or not.

But yeah, anyway, that's an interesting article. Demolishing or decaying the urban fabric contrary to law is a horrible thing, but developers will do it if the consequences aren't severe.

Which is what makes this story remarkable- a developer who tears down building to avoid an impending historic listing is ordered to rebuild it brick by brick.

I came here thinking that this was about publications, but, I'm pleasantly surprised that this about the British institution of daydrinking.

Back