USM Portland...

TheBostonian

Reaction score
...is a horrendously ugly campus. I know they are working to make some needed changes to improve it physically, such as moving the library entrance to face the campus. They should remove most of the surface parking now that they have the garage. The placement of some of the buildings really sucks. The campus center just looks bad, as though it is one of the industrial buildings surrounding it. The worst thing is the campus's location on the opposite side of the highway from the more happening parts of the city. Had it been constructed closer to downtown, the campus and downtown would both be livelier. I was disappointed that the cafeteria was closed this afternoon and as I approached the library I vowed not to even consider attending if that were closed too. But it wouldn't be the first commuter school I've attended that slows to a halt after Friday morning. I love the city and hate the campus.

EDIT:

I see that the law building side is nicer. The campus isn't a total disaster.

Portland would be so much different and better if the whole USM campus was in Portland. Did you see that student housing link on the Bayside thread I added to the other day?

Wow! I'm sure you've all done the math, but $750 a person in a 4 bed suite is $3,000 a month. You can get 3 roommates and and have your own house for less than that each month.

USM campus in portland is ugly, but it is a commuter school, not so much a university, as its counterpart in Gorham is

it was never a planned out campus, either, like some universities, its more an accumulation of different parts strung together

Back