Verizon Fios Installation

caravaggiste

Reaction score
So, I know that the system is set up in Jamaica Plain all down Centre and surrounding streets as well as in the Forest Hills Area. This morning, I was walking with my roommate to work and found Verizon with a massive barrage of trucks and equipment along Main St/Columbia, Mass Ave/MIT installing fiber optic lines. Going further up Mass Ave to Prospect as well. Did anyone else see this? I always said Cambridge would get it before Boston Proper. I still find it amazing that MIT - Harvard isn't linked by a massive fiber optic network....But anyway, installation in the Central/Kendall area is under way according to a Verizon rep outside one of the trucks on Columbia & Main St.

^^Don't worry, MIT & Harvard have plenty of fiber into their campus. FiOS is just a consumer product.

Well yeah, I guess I should have been clearer. Harvard & MIT should sponsor a Cambridge wide fiber optic program. Their endowments allow such a thing and their strive for knowledge and connection has always reflected well in the area. It's just a surprise there isn't a service connecting the two campuses and the bio tech industries in the area.

But anyway, FiOS is being installed. Anyone else know of any other places besides Central/Kendall and JP?

I don't know why, but every street corner of Cambridge seems to be getting dug up this week. This could be the reason.

czsz, out of the blue, do you go to harvard?

Yeah, I'm in grad school there right now.

Back