Vero Apartments | 284 Everett Ave | Chelsea

A842350B-9C51-4F42-87AA-2B536F1131D6.jpeg
A0055A5D-5161-419F-8BF6-0A82F937413F.jpeg
A3D37B6C-95A5-410F-B988-55F6BB667771.jpeg
BEF85283-D0DA-4024-8F83-AEB18FEE7CEE.jpeg
C43442A6-9614-4F2E-9557-844EBC33CD8F.jpeg
AD881F02-8DA7-454B-9A5C-B3CAB24A37CB.jpeg

This Area is booming with apartments construction

How many new residents will live in a 1 mile radius of this spot? with all the new units, must be going to approach 1000 or more.

How many new residents will live in a 1 mile radius of this spot? with all the new units, must be going to approach 1000 or more.
Something like 650 Units between Vero & Vero II.

The City is still exploring to develop the rest of that back end (along the train tracks) which will add another few hundred units with limited parking (goal is to have the residents use the T).

I did the rough math on one of these Everett/Chelsea threads. Among Vero, Elon, Stop & Shop, Pioneer, Sky, Vine Street, Spring Street, and Boston Street developments under construction, the Everett Triangle and abutting Chelsea developments—some 200+/- acres—will see up to 10,000 new residents within the next 3-5 years. The development transformation here has really flown under the radar.

I did the rough math on one of these Everett/Chelsea threads. Among Vero, Elon, Stop & Shop, Pioneer, Sky, Vine Street, Spring Street, and Boston Street developments under construction, the Everett Triangle and abutting Chelsea developments—some 200+/- acres—will see up to 10,000 new residents within the next 3-5 years. The development transformation here has really flown under the radar.
We really need to get the next leg of the SL3 under development into Everett and on to Sullivan!

Such a shame that none of the units have a real balcony space that residents could be outside on (Juliet balcony doesn't count in my mind). Anyone know why builders opt not to build units with balconies?

Such a shame that none of the units have a real balcony space that residents could be outside on (Juliet balcony doesn't count in my mind). Anyone know why builders opt not to build units with balconies?
Balconies tend to become filled with junk unless management is strict about rules.

The biggest way housing becomes affordable is by becoming older. I cant remember the name of the term but as apartment buildings get older the rent goes down. Actually according to marketwatch “On average, for every year older an apartment is, the rent is cheaper by $6 a month.” This means that the majority of “affordable housing” is not built as affordable housing, its built as normal apartments that get cheaper as they age. This is why its important to build lots of apartments like this now. Especially something like this building that looks pretty shitty the day its built, it will be the affordable housing of the future. Thats why we gotta build build build and in time more apartments will become available. Building “affordable housing” is definitely important too, but building as much average shit as possible now is much more effective long term. Thats why I see this development as future cheap housing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...efit-of-renting-an-older-apartment-2017-08-23

Back