Wentworth Institute of Technology Expansion | Fenway

So this is proposed for mission hill not fenway, but this is the only catch all wentworth expansion thread.

At 572-574 huntington ave there is a proposed 23 story residential tower that showed up in the recently posted institutional masterplan.

IMG_8538.jpeg

IMG_8537.jpeg

Theres a few more interesting things in there too like a new west quad academic building, new quad, an open space called the grove, and more.

https://bpda.app.box.com/s/8m8fv5h7m6h0oj4pyjw4oqrlg09fkpq1

https://www.bostonplans.org/plannin...gher-ed/wentworth-institute-of-technology-imp

I'm a big fan of the Wentworth IMP. If carried out as proposed it will give distinctive visual and emotional life to the campus that it just doesn't have currently.

This proposal for 572-574 Huntington looks like it might be blocking one of the coolest views of Back Bay and Downtown via the top of the Tree House and these early renders also don't seem to compliment the fun look and feel of the Tree House either. It's still really early, though, so maybe things will change. Regardless, I'd support this project.

This proposal for 572-574 Huntington looks like it might be blocking one of the coolest views of Back Bay and Downtown via the top of the Tree House and these early renders also don't seem to compliment the fun look and feel of the Tree House either. It's still really early, though, so maybe things will change. Regardless, I'd support this project.

This is listed at 280' so would be the same height as Tree House if built.

Does Wentworth need more student housing? Two of their current residence halls have been partially leased to Northeastern in recent years: Edwards and Rogers Halls.

I assume Baker Hall, down the street a bit, is at it's end of life so those units could be taken off line if this is built. Also, the small B1 quad next the Ward Street headworks for Boston Water and Sewer? That does not smell to pleasant on some days. The original power plant must be running out of space in the main central building. I would think there would be a plan to build a new power plant back there at B1 area instead of student area park.

Back