What color would Hitler paint his taxis?

Re: W Hotel

Hmm, I don't know how necessary they are for anyone, really. Do people in urban Boston do jobs that people in London or Prague don't do? Because I've never seen a megapickup truck in those cities.

Yes, in fact. Just see Boston Sand & Gravel. Anyway, the work trucks are better for almost all uses, but sometimes you need to carry a heavy load (no pun intended).

Y'all watching too many movies. I've seen a bunch of hybrid cabs white with a brown stripe, never any green ones. They're usually Toyota Camry's.

hack.

12937667.jpg

nice catch stats, I haven't seen that version... obviously a marketing move to enhance the visability. Must be relatively new, although maybe its not, my time 10 miles from downtown is increasing at a discouraging rate.

Boston Sand & Gravel

Which does...what exactly that people don't do on other continents?

Sorry, I guess I'm missing the point. I guess only Americans build skyscrapers or cattle ranch or do whatever cowboy-hatted real men do in Chevy ads.

I could be dead wrong on this but I would guess that the pick up truck was originally built for rural areas with dirt or poorly paved roads, which America historically has a lot more of than European countries*.
From there it became something of an American standard and migrated into American city.
No, its not a very rational choice to use a pickup truck in an urban environment, but cultures are slow to give up their icons.

*Yes, I know there are dirt roads in Europe, but they are not nearly as numerous as they are in America.

Back