What's a good New York Forum?

bowesst

Reaction score
Wired New York doesn't seem too active. Is there anything better?

Are you kidding?!?! Compared to Wired, this forum is as lively as a funeral home!

Anything and everything is there. Just look at all there is in the Skyscrapers & Architecture and Real Estate sections. I don't even bother to read the "Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, and SI Real Estate" sub forum because I have a hard enough time keeping up with just Manhattan developments as it is.

And the NYC content there is lightyears beyond anything available at Skyscraperpage or Skyscrapercity. For more news in a blog format Curbed is about as good as it gets, but that focuses on real estate more than anything.

I'm talking more like general discussion about the city, not just development projects.

Can't help you there, but I will say the "New York City Guide For New Yorkers" sub forum deals with all soets of quality-of-life issues, such as: are the elites driving out the artists; Wal-Mart trying to come into NYC; immigration trends; the legacy of Robert Moses; feral cats and other wildlife in the city; the Port Authority selling naming rights; the dwindling population of Jews; invasive species like chain restaurants and bank branches; good sports bars in lower Manhattan...

is that more of what you're looking for?

The Gothamist is more gossipy and bloglike and have their finger on the 'pulse' but you won't have the opportunity to ask questions as much, (there are some great comments though).

bowesst, dont tell me you moved to NY?

No, not yet. There is a possibility I may over the summer.

Oh. Well apparently you haven't heard the news yet then: Yankees Suck.

bowesst said:
No, not yet. There is a possibility I may over the summer.

Nice. You're gonna have a good time. Just make sure not to pizza when you should french fry.

Back