What's Next: 2013 Trends in Real Estate Forum

JohnAKeith

Reaction score
Investment Strategies • Global Perspective • Demographics
Consumer Behavior • Interactive Audience Polling

Boston enjoys an elite position in the world economy with its many cranes dotting the skyline. How does Boston relate to the US and other winning cities, in terms of demographics, economics and consumer behavior? What are the future trends, nationally and globally, that will allow for continued employment growth in Boston, based on its economy of Eds, Meds and Technology? What is the impact on real estate of these trends?

CEOs and investors analyze and compare Boston to other elite markets, providing fresh data and perspective, drilling down on:

Changing preference of end-users
Future of Eds/Meds
Consumer trends and behavior
Technology & the Creative Class
Demographic shifts

Featured Speakers:

Colin Dyer – CEO, Jones Lang LaSalle
James Chung – President, Reach Advisors
Brian Kavoogian – President, Charles River Realty Investors
Michael Byrne - Director of Acquisitions, AEW
Maureen McAvey – Emerging Trends in Real Estate Presenter and Moderator

Tickets are pricey - $160 for a privately-employed non-ULI member.

http://boston.uli.org/event/2013-trends-in-real-estate-forum/

Is this even open to non-industry people? The "join ULI today and attend for free" payment category plus the fact that a "General" admissions category is distinctly absent from the payment options would suggest to me that it isn't.

I didn't get that. I saw the "Non Member - Private Sector" option and assumed. Plus there are discounts for younger (under 35!) and free for the press. I dunno.

Yeah, when I look at the page I see a table at the bottom for what it's going to cost you to get in:

SHXTcf5.png

That suggests to me that "Young Leaders" is more a discount you can get if you're not yet at the age where you could reasonably be expected to hold a high level position in the industry rather than being "open to the public, but only if you're under 35."

Same deal with the students column being more of an out for students with relevant majors to get in (or, perhaps more circuitously, an attempt to sucker architecture undergrads into picking up a "discounted" ULI membership they won't actually need for a number of years) rather than "open to anyone currently enrolled in higher education regardless of what degree you're actually working towards."

You go as a student and we can split the bill. I can't afford the $160.

Who wants a college media pass? :)

Wish I could make it, but I have plans.

Back