Who should be declared winner of the 111 Federal St/Winthrop Garage redevelopment??

Who should be declared the winner at 111 Federal St/Winthrop Garage redevelopment?

• Trans Natioinal Properties; twin tower proposal

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • Accordia Partners; 725' cantilevered tower proposal

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Millennium Partners; >725' tower proposal

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Lendlease 725' tower proposal

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • HYM Investment Group; land swap and proposal for future construction of 725' tower

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Trinity Financial Inc; 725' tower proposal

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Idk in my opinion Lendlease is just a knockoff of "iconic" chinese towers that are twice as tall and sprout like mushrooms over there. Yea Boston is getting a ton of Chinese money lately but I don't want to see a knockoff chinese tower built here. Its the same with towers built in arab countries, older american towers, they have a certain look to them that is easily discernible from other places.

I dont like how green accordia is, its too much, but we know that will never be built in Boston. This tower though does have that "iconic" American set back massing which is what you will find on basically any iconic tower of yesteryear and a few recent examples. Its not your typical old ny style of set backs as its being built in 2016, but none the less the massing has so much potential here. To me HYM is the overall best site plan, but in my opinion accordias massing is the most iconic if were on the subject.

Forget about the green, this is "iconic" massing right here.

Iconic buildings almost always have an observation deck also. That not only gives it recognition from a distance, but millions of people get to also go inside and interact with the building that would not other wise. Along with its place on the skyline it becomes a destination. Regardless of the building itself, this view would be incredible. You can also go outside here and walk around which although the pru and old hancock obsevation decks were/are great this would be a great addition.

Looks like Accordia in a landslide. :)

I chose Transnational despite neither tower rising to 725'.

Accordia would be my second choice.

In my example at least I was just saying based of "iconicness" accordia has the most potential. I feel HYM is the best plan though. Maybe build a non green accordia in the HYM parcel and call it a day..

Not to be insensitive but there always "undesirables" outside st Anthony shrine, begging, drinking, sleeping...that's doesn't mesh well with the activation of Winthrop sq park or a nearby school either...so as much as people think HYM is best for massing and sightlines etc. it's not perfect in real world application.

Like I said earlier, I voted for Trinity for reasons outside of how good it would look in my SimCity map but based purely on looks Lendlease is way better, only very vaguely looks like a dick and we shouldnt vote based off of thinking its going to get VE'd but not Accordia

Like I said earlier, I voted for Trinity for reasons outside of how good it would look in my SimCity map but based purely on looks Lendlease is way better, only very vaguely looks like a dick and we shouldnt vote based off of thinking its going to get VE'd but not Accordia

This is an archetcture form not an affordable housing fourm. How in your right mind could you vote for the Trinity proposal :D.

I'm supporting LENDLEASE. I like Accordia, but of all the proposals it has (by far) the smallest budget, and I know it will be VE'd to death.

Back