Wilkerson

tobyjug

Reaction score
If you want an interesting bit of reading about how business is done in City Hall, read the FBI affidavit posted as a PDF at Boston.com. It is 31 pages long, but every page is worth reading. Many of our favorite characters appear, either named or pseudonimously. There are few heroes among the players.

www.boston.com

Last edited:
I wonder who Associate A, Representative Z, and named City Counciler are?

Wasn't she the primary legislative booster of Columbus Center? This (and her upcoming non-re-election) could be a setback for that project.

Pro Tip: If the person you are taking bribes from always mentions the amount of money they are handing you, assume they are wearing a wire.

Stat: Good one! Also, if you are on the take, always say: "You aren't trying to entrap me, are you?" If the law enforcement operative lies, you have good grounds to get the charge thrown out.

Hope our government friends who read this website appreciate all this career saving advice!

P.S. You gotta love the photo of her (allegedly) stuffing a thousand bucks into her bra in the restaurant.

The usual pattern in one of these corruption cases is to have the perp roll over for a lighter sentence in return for handing over some bigger fish. Be interesting to see what happens here.

Cripes, I love this town!

Just sent the .pdf to my pal in San Diego, a city attorney.

Only a $1,000 bribe? Amateur!
/Almost every other state representative

This is about a shocking as the blatant high class prostitution at the Colonade Hotel's roof top pool or Barney Frank's house, in other words 'not very'.

Corruption in this city and state could make for a really entertaining HBO reality series. Anyone know someone in Hollywood?

I believe something like that is being proposed right now......

^Neighbor Buddy Cianci is having his biography, "The Prince of Providence" turned into a motion picture starring Robin Williams (no, not as Cianci) due out in early 2009 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783570/ ). There's no reason they can't do one on Boston.

Might I be so bold as to suggest Alicia Keys as Dianne Wilkerson, in her first starring role in a Hollywood film. (Non-musical, but a new single plays under the end credits.) Starring as "Campaign Advisor Wendell Chestnut", Taye Diggs.

Re: the picture of her allegedly stuffing money into her bra- I want to laugh so hard at her, and yet something inside me won't let me.. I guess when someone fails this spectacularly (~Spitzer~) I almost kinda sorta feel bad for them, sorta.

^Neighbor Buddy Cianci is having his biography, "The Prince of Providence" turned into a motion picture starring Robin Williams (no, not as Cianci) due out in early 2009 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783570/ ). There's no reason they can't do one on Boston.

Well I mean, one of my friends is pitching something right now in LA about the Boston mob mentality and government corruption in Boston and MA. I'll keep you updated. We live in a very scandalous place....social circular WASP non-ethics. Aristocratic dominance, governmental origins, societal shifts.

This is completely off topic from what I was saying but Brooklyn and NYC culture is a result of mass emigration from Boston and Cambridge. Especially in artistic and music ventures. I think people fail to realize the breadth and DEPTH of subject matter coming out of this city and going elsewhere. Who is going to help me to keep it here?

Statler she didn't through one dollar out of every ten she stole or took as a bribe to the poor like Curley did. Nor did she intentionally economically and politically segregate neighborhoods, and play neighborhoods or ethnicities off one another to exasserbate problems in order to look like a hero when giving out vote buying handouts.

So a statue or two of her and maybe a book, a movie and even a themed restaurant would be too much for such a small time crook. Perhaps a bridge, tunnel, government building, or most likely a University program and endowment will be named for her.

I'm looking forward to the Federal investigation into local government. The Feds will do what most voters here are too stupid to accomplish in getting the current batch of crooks out of office.

Perhaps a bridge, tunnel, government building, or most likely a University program and endowment will be named for her.

Maybe UMass-Boston needs a Wilkerson School of Government Chicanery.

Or maybe Victoria's Secret could use her for an ad campaign, if they begin offering bras with a built-in money-clip.

This is only an unfortunate turn of events because she is the only African-American in our state legislature. We need better representation of all peoples in the Commonwealth.

bribe2-1.jpg

bribe-1.jpg

This is only an unfortunate turn of events because she is the only African-American in our state legislature. We need better representation of all peoples in the Commonwealth.

Ethnicity shouldn't matter if the person does a good job representing their district's political concerns. Quotas based on race are blind to an individual's politics and capabilities, thus really doing a disservice despite good intentions. The best person for the job should be picked on whom has the best potential performance and understanding of what their district wants, not their genetic background.

Example:
If a crazy Italian homeless meth-addict is running for office in the North End, he shouldn't win over an accomplished African American lawyer based on the hobo's ethnicity 'representing' the district.

In other news, I see you couldn't wait to get out into the snow last night Toby.

Back