Worcester | Canal District infill/discussion

The cycle track looks great, makes me want to try riding around the area.

I used to bike through Kelley Sq and the Canal District on the way to work when I lived there, and it was generally not fun lol

Developer proposes 375 apartments at former site of Smokestack BBQ in Worcester’s Canal District
AK6GLQMJ2RDEZNUR3UEJ5WD7IQ.png

RR6HS6DSTRCR3HPEWGVANBKGL4.png

JJMVAAMNCBG23FCKZMDQ56FZTI.png

UKFJXRQR5FBRDAYZCLCUJ6YK4A.png

The third phase of the redevelopment of the former Table Talk Pies property in Worcester’s Canal District will include approximately 375 apartments, 22,000 square feet of retail space and a seven-story parking garage, according to plans filed with the city’s Planning Board.

Quarterra Multifamily Communities, a North Carolina-based development company with a regional office in Boston, has proposed the project at 139 Green St., the former site of Smokestack Urban Barbecue, which closed in November. The building would be the latest high-rise development backing up to Polar Park.

https://www.masslive.com/worcester/...worcesters-canal-district.html?outputType=amp

Developer proposes 375 apartments at former site of Smokestack BBQ in Worcester’s Canal District
AK6GLQMJ2RDEZNUR3UEJ5WD7IQ.png

RR6HS6DSTRCR3HPEWGVANBKGL4.png

JJMVAAMNCBG23FCKZMDQ56FZTI.png

UKFJXRQR5FBRDAYZCLCUJ6YK4A.png

The third phase of the redevelopment of the former Table Talk Pies property in Worcester’s Canal District will include approximately 375 apartments, 22,000 square feet of retail space and a seven-story parking garage, according to plans filed with the city’s Planning Board.

Quarterra Multifamily Communities, a North Carolina-based development company with a regional office in Boston, has proposed the project at 139 Green St., the former site of Smokestack Urban Barbecue, which closed in November. The building would be the latest high-rise development backing up to Polar Park.

https://www.masslive.com/worcester/...worcesters-canal-district.html?outputType=amp

This one is added to the table talk development thread

The exterior is completely utilitarian. It’s fine as a ballpark, but the exterior screams “pre-fab industrial building on Route 9”.

I thought it screamed, CSX Railyard and railroad nearby playing homage to a very industrial city. Even the ticket booth and bar and food area are containers. I found it unique

I’ll give you unique. It feels more temporary than any other recent ballpark. In keeping with the rail motif: it’s the Amshack of ballparks.

There's opportunity to turn Madison St into a commercial corridor to tie Kelley Square to the park, but not with this plan. Urban development, courtesy of people who don't seem to think or care about cities. Just a small, single story space to fill that gap between the garage and sidewalk would do wonders and add rentable space where there's nothing.

Last edited:

Back