Worcester Infill and Developments

Some more random developments.

Doherty High School, which is massive:
05B36AD3-20D7-4D00-A4D3-6B3FCC0B4499.jpeg
E3759664-D0C5-4E65-AFBB-282A1AEF556D.jpeg
0F39F0AB-BAB2-49AB-8CB8-C785B71E7E78.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh no, my wife is gonna want to try the line dancing once the pandemic subsides more.

The city bought the Denholm Building. Sounds like the City is doing a favor for the Owner by relocating/ finding homes for the Non-profit tenants and taking the building off their hands. (Government overreach / coddling?) Cool International Style building but I agree with the article indicating it's so far gone it will be demolished,. Great opportunity to redevelop the site but I think the City should retain the land under low part of the building to make it a larger park across from City Hall. They will be looking at the parking garage for years to come but a living wall type of structure or trellis could be installed to hide the monstrosity.

park.png

Last edited:
.(Government overreach / coddling?)

View attachment 27063

Cringe worthy parentheses
There. Not sure helping non profits find home after a negligent landlord let the property get so bad they went weeks without even having power is coddling

Also, the areas you marked for a park aren't part of Denholm or owned by the city. Synergy owns the green part as part of the tower and CC owns the little building next to Denholm

Last edited:
Low effort render lol.

Lotta redevelopment opportunity in that triangle between the P&W yard, 290, and Lamartine. Putting my SimCity mayor hat on for a few minutes. I'd totally nuke that entire neighborhood. Drop an MBTA train station next to the WRTA facility and then rezone it all for dense residential and commercial development.

Low effort render lol.

Lotta redevelopment opportunity in that triangle between the P&W yard, 290, and Lamartine. Putting my SimCity mayor hat on for a few minutes. I'd totally nuke that entire neighborhood. Drop an MBTA train station next to the WRTA facility and then rezone it all for dense residential and commercial development.

Not how beneficial another MBTA station would be here. its a 16 minute walk from the main station

Long distance shot of the Holy Cross campus ensemble with the new performing arts center and athletic complex.

C7E275DD-1229-4AD4-BCA3-2DE46EF345EF.jpeg

The Kiln on Brooks Street. Would be nice if we got a big devopment across the street where showcase cinema used to be. It's zoned Industrial, could also be a candidate for some Chip manufacturing in the area

20220813_133255.jpg

The Kiln on Brooks Street. Would be nice if we got a big devopment across the street where showcase cinema used to be. It's zoned Industrial, could also be a candidate for some Chip manufacturing in the area

Possible bad take: I don't care what they put in as long as they open the street back up. There's no reason it should be blocked off like it is.

https://goo.gl/maps/hbr3FQ2Cq6SwCfbn9

Not the coolest development in town........

Is there a coolest development and can you let us know what it is? I feel like it's been 40 straight years of duds in Worcester, often at the expense of architecturally significant historical structures. Every time I visit the city seems to have gone slightly further backwards. A little less charm, and one more reason to never go back (sorry, minor league baseball isn't my draw!).

Back