Worst New Proposal Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

briv

Reaction score
In light of Boston's glacial pace of development, and the fact that many developments go through several different iterations as they evolve, people should feel free to nominate any proposal in the pipeline that has not entered the construction phase by the end of 2008.

Please provide as much detail as possible about the project, such as links to any Archboston threads about the project and any official websites, etc.

^No need to vote. I think SCL gets it hands down.

While it's true that SCL is the hands down winner in this catagory, part of this exercise is to spotlight some of the good and bad throughout the city and this was hardly the only bad proposal that is floating out there.

With that in mind I nominate:
One Bromfield (in it's current configuration)

&

120 Kingston St

^ The original scheme was great. The post-NIMBY, post-value-engineering version is rubbish. I can only hope it falls victim to the economic downturn.

Yeah I guess you have a point. If only they could merge the two designs. They both have ups and downs.

SCL... Design, replacement-choice, and politics really made it the worst.

Have to agree with the concensus -- SCL -- terrible design, loss of a wonderful anchor building and horrible perversion of process.

If it weren't for SCL, I believeFenway Center would be the front runner for worst new proposal.

Anyway, now it's a horse race.

Can we give dual awards ... like shared Nobel Prizes?

Both these projects need to be called out for what they are. In the case of Fenway Center, the public can be allocated a big share of the blame. That's significant; it showsw what kind of answer you get when you ask the public for guidance. Important lesson.

In the case of Fenway Center, the public can be allocated a big share of the blame. That's significant; it showsw what kind of answer you get when you ask the public for guidance. Important lesson.

Do we count as the public? I tend to think developers should have a listen to what we say here...and use it as guidance.

The public is people who have the time to go to endless meetings.

In my humble, the fact that Fenway Center is somewhat tucked away behind Kenmore Square, and located on currently vacant land and air-rights, gives the nod to SCL. That project requires the demolition of an iconic building, and the Drukerization of one of the most prominent corners in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back