XenForo Update

SkyriseCities

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've updated the forum to XenForo. Need to hear from members regarding any comments, issues or questions.

---

Please feel free to add issues you notice to this spreadsheet:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the initial attempt, it seems that all posts were restored from the last several days. I had no trouble logging in.

Looks great! Love the WYSIWYG editor. But... no Like button after all? (And, if you are planning on getting into simplifying the editor controls, I don't think this site is super in need of spoiler tagging. Your call, of course.)

OK, updating my earlier comment (I hope this Approval mechanism is only in place on "official" threads like this one). Clicking the "Home" button takes us to the useless "Enter the ArchBoston Forum" page. Unless you're planning on doing something cooler with that soon, I would make the "Home" and "Forums" breadcrumbs both link to the entry page of the community.

Is it expected behavior to get this message when posting a reply?

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

So far so good, still learning my way around but the way it formats on mobile is 1000x better. Is there an easy way to jump to the new posts in a thread instead of it always starting on page 1 though?

i get how having posts be "moderator approved" will help ensure that threads stay on-topic, that folks maintain civility, etc., but (so far at least) that lag-time between posting and approval is noticably and negatively impacting the vibrancy of this site.

If you're going to go to the trouble of upgrading, may as well do SSL?

Looks good so far! It will take some getting used to but change always does.

I'm sure you guys are still working on a lot of features behind the scenes but just wanted to make sure these are still in the works:

a. Marking New Development threads as Proposed/Under Construction/Completed/Canceled
b. The ability to 'like' posts.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this.

Wondering if we want "profile posts" to be publicly displayed on the right bar. Feels kind of voyeuristic to have those more personal comments there.

Not able to figure out how to post multiple photos from my flick account. I post one photo ok. When I go to add another I can't get it to add to the post. When I use the attach off my desktop the photos are too large and are canceled. Help appreciated. Other than this I'm liking this software. The photos are really sharp.

Looks good so far! It will take some getting used to but change always does.

I'm sure you guys are still working on a lot of features behind the scenes but just wanted to make sure these are still in the works:

a. Marking New Development threads as Proposed/Under Construction/Completed/Canceled
b. The ability to 'like' posts.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this.
Edit: I see the like function is live now.

I used the search function frequently. Will that be enabled?

Are my earlier posts still awaiting approval for a specific reason?

Do we really need post-count "trophies" clogging up the alerts feed? That got real old on the Internets once swarms of Twitter bots started interrupting threads to nonsentiently congratulate every person's new round-number tweet milestone.

It still appears that all of my posts since the upgrade are also waiting approval.

Back