Yet another Virtual Public Hearing on the Charles F. Hurley Building

Beton Brut

Reaction score
Join Us for a Virtual Public Hearing
December 17, 2020 at 6:30 PM
The Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) intends to submit a Project Proposal to the Asset Management Board for the redevelopment of the Charles F. Hurley Building. We will host a virtual public hearing on Thursday, December 17, at 6:30 PM to present the draft Project Proposal and provide an opportunity for you to provide comments on the proposed project. You can view the draft Project Proposal on the website.

The hearing will be held online, via Zoom. To pre-register, please click this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Zw1ed5LORHqn_M2OsqgqBg.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about joining.

A recording of the meeting will also be posted for those who are unable to attend.
Share Your Feedback
In addition to providing comments during the hearing, you can also provide written comments by email, to hurleyredev.dcamm@mass.gov, or by mail, to:

Abigail Vladeck, DCAMM Project Manager
One Ashburton Place, 15th Floor
Boston, MA 02108

The deadline for receipt of written comments is December 23, 2020 by 5:00 PM.

Man oh man. Somehow the pandemic killed my interest in/addiction to this site. I haven’t even logged on since April, I don’t think. I’ll have to ponder how that happened... Also, the pandemic has meant that I no longer look out an office window two days a week at the Hurley building. What’s going to happen with it?

I never realized that such a massive building, consuming the better part of an entire city block, could be so inefficient with capitalizing prime real estate.

picture credit to: @ Lrfox

1622305463107.png

I never realized that such a massive building, consuming the better part of an entire city block, could be so inefficient with capitalizing prime real estate.

picture credit to: @ Lrfox

View attachment 13453
Yep. These two buildings are an exercise in minimizing floorplate area. That really speaks to the prevailing attitude at the time.

Back