Your ideal living location?

If I ever had the money, I'd live on St. Botolph Street. As an NU student I love the convenience and accessibility of the area and St. Botolph is probably my favorite street in the city.

I use to live on St. Botolph at the corner of Blackwood during my junior and senior years at Northeastern. Even though the place was only 300 square feet and was stupid expensive for a space that small (rent is up to $1,675/mo last I checked), it was hands my favorite apartment in the city. And it's still my favorite residential street in the city.

An ex lived on Blackwood Street years ago. I liked the street, but I found it to be a much noisier place to live than Allston, believe it or not. I could hear every siren going to BUMC down Mass Ave. Maybe because top floor?

I would actually move back to Worthington St. in a heartbeat, but it would have to be a place with high-end finishes and A/C. Reno jobs are really popular there right now. I just couldn't take moving back to that old apartment building with radiators, perpetually dirty hardwood floors, and inefficient kitchen layouts. I absolutely fell in love with the street and area though. Easy access to stores, transit, urban life, and yet just outside the downtown hustle and bustle. Plus, it's fun to watch people's faces when you tell them you live in Roxbury Crossing.

There are only so many places worth living in greater Boston(about five by my count) but it would be interesting to repeat the question in a global context. This seems to be a fairly well travelled group, I would expect to see some interesting responses.

There are only so many places worth living in greater Boston(about five by my count) but it would be interesting to repeat the question in a global context. This seems to be a fairly well travelled group, I would expect to see some interesting responses.

Rottenburg, Germany. I spent nearly a week there and had an, erm, really enjoyable time with a waitress. Halfway between the Rhine and Bodensee, not too far from the Alps and close to my family in Nurmenburg. Not to mention Bavaria is like heaven on earth, blond waitresses or not.

Getting a little crazy here but IDEALY....Toronto for the summers, Aspen for the winters and Downtown Boston spring and falls

I've been trying to convince my husband to move to Berlin since I got back a year ago. Standard of living is through the roof (culture, parks, urban life, etc), cost of living is through the floor (food & housing), extensive highly-efficient transit, center of Europe (quick flights/train to anywhere), delicious bakeries on every corner, the list goes on... ugh.

That was predictable. I should have put money on that. Have you been anywhere in the world besides Roxbury, Chelsea and Berlin?

Australia (East Coast), New Zealand (North Island), Fiji, England, France (La Tourette, Paris and Cote d'Azure), Spain (Andalucia - Seville, Cordoba, Malaga, Granada), Italy (Rome), Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munich), Switzerland (Traveled through the Alps incl. Lausanne, Lucerne, Bern, Disentis, Vrin, Zurich), and Austria (Vienna and Bregenz).

So you can shove it.

I didn't mean to come off as being insulting, I was genuinely surprised that anyone other than Germany's worst-off would want to live there.

I haven't been since 2010 but I found it to be a rather depressed and depressing place.

I didn't mean to come off as being insulting, I was genuinely surprised that anyone other than Germany's worst-off would want to live there.

I haven't been since 2010 but I found it to be a rather depressed and depressing place.

I've traveled a lot and I've never felt more at home in Germany than I had anywhere else (other than Boston). Everyone always says they want to live in Australia, but that's not the case for me at all. I would much prefer Europe, much closer and such a mix of culture. Everything was so affordable and the quality of life was so high in Germany/Berlin. It was a natural fit for me. It's not a beautiful city in the traditional sense, but it just has this amazing vibe to it. I made some amazing friends there.

How odd. I was there in 2009 and found it to be a marvelous place.

That was predictable. I should have put money on that. Have you been anywhere in the world besides Roxbury, Chelsea and Berlin?

I didn't mean to come off as being insulting

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha come on, stick to your guns you smug son of a bitch! None of this "I didn't mean it that way" backtracking. No going backwards! RAND ROCKS RAND ROCKS!

... it would be interesting to repeat the question in a global context. This seems to be a fairly well travelled group, I would expect to see some interesting responses.

I lived in Thessaloniki, Greece for 4 months... Never again.

If the opportunity presented itself, I would move to London, UK in a heartbeat. Also, I think it would be so cool living in a sweet hillside mansion in Sausalito and commuting 25 minutes by ferry to downtown San Francisco everyday, or even doing the bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge daily.

Seriously? This is class-A trolling. You know when someone brings up an irrelevant topic just shit all over it for no reason? Trolling. Don't try to play innocent.

Back