Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

23117005_10155872836533829_7003951124545887981_o.jpg

23031641_10155873443648829_3447754861365123898_n.jpg

some shots from yesterday. it's beginning to move upwards, supposedly very soon it'll speed up noticeably.

comment from last week re: belt-truss install: "Not done yet, but when it is we'll be back at a pace of a couple floors per week
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · October 24 at 8:07pm"

Any interest in explaining what a belt truss is. Inquiring (professional) minds what to know.

cca

Cranes clearly visible from Stoneham/Medford border on 93S

Cranes clearly visible from Stoneham/Medford border on 93S

Uh ..ok. I saw those images on Google Images too ... I was hoping for a bit more. Guess I will ask a structural engineer.

Sorry just a lowly mechanical engineer here. I don't design skyscrapers, just think they're cool, and unlike a lot of members of society (not referring to aB'rs), don't take for granted the beautiful complexity that it takes to make them work.

Guess I will ask a structural engineer.

^and if you do, please do share.

But if you just come back with "it adds stiffness and reduces sway," I will feel let down. I was at least half paying attention in sophomore statics class.

Its almost as tall as the surrounding mid rises around it. Looks like theyre about to pick up speed now and its only a matter of time before this becomes very visible on the skyline. Id give it a couple weeks.

Its almost as tall as the surrounding mid rises around it. Looks like theyre about to pick up speed now and its only a matter of time before this becomes very visible on the skyline. Id give it a couple weeks.

i give it a couple/ a 6 weeks.... :rolleyes:

I work at the Intermark tower across from Ampang Park Station. This view was from just half a block down the street at street level.

My friends here hate the building and think it's interfering with the prominence of the twin towers. I like it but they have a point.

And Welcome to KL!

A friend posted this on his Facebook page, said I could share!

She’s gonna be a stunning addition to the skyline!

Often the cladding lags a good ways behind the quickly rising steel (the Pierce), or concrete and rebar.... there's apparently a chance that happens here but i'm out on a limb.

Often the cladding lags a good ways behind the quickly rising steel (the Pierce), or concrete and rebar.... there's apparently a chance that happens here but i'm out on a limb.

well, yea. I mean you can't put the facade up first.

well, yea. I mean you can't put the facade up first.

The industry regards 28 days as the time to achieve full compressive strength to cure concrete (and thus allow the anchors for the facade to set in the concrete). The NPCA debates this (calls it arbitrary and asserts that it's really at load-bearing compressive strength in 24h-7days). The price of concrete goes up as you get concrete that cures faster. Regardless, because of the 28 day lag and depending on the speed of the construction schedule, the cladding often runs about 5-6 floors below the highest poured floor structure.

Back