Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Good news! If you can afford this pent house you can with any doubt afford to re-do the interior in any way you want.

True.
Although I have no doubts move in ready in this case is also built to suit.

Then in a few years. Redecorate to the next trend.

First image looks as if this penthouse is even height with the Pru viewing though the window. How much more elevation does the mechanical add on? Seems safe to think whomever mentioned a new #2 might be on to something.

Being eye-level with the Pru... how fantastic.

That penthouse decor is NYC standard fare with a little Miami mixed in. I love it.

It does remind me of all the garish gold fixtures Copley Place just spent two years removing...

penthouse-11.jpg

What's going on in the background here? I assume that's the 'covered private terrace'? Does that mean it has a roof / ceiling but the wall of windows opens up, or what?

Here's a crappy cell phone pic from last night. This thing looks like it has barely moved in a month. That's now 34 months of construction for 20 measly floors. How long is this truss belt supposed to take?

Photo1934 by David Z, on Flickr

Here's a crappy cell phone pic from last night. This thing looks like it has barely moved in a month. That's now 34 months of construction for 20 measly floors. How long is this truss belt supposed to take?

Photo1934 by David Z, on Flickr

Dude, did you not see the above discussion about the belt truss? That's some complicated shit they have to install. It will move again soon.

Meanwhile, they are under agreement for units with late 2018 move-ins. I don't think we have much to worry about at this point about this project moving ahead, and I am pretty sure they know exactly what they're doing.

Dude, did you not see the above discussion about the belt truss? That's some complicated shit they have to install. It will move again soon.

I asked how long it takes. Obviously it's complicated and takes a while. But now that it has been about a month I am asking how much longer before this thing gets moving again? No need to be snarky about it.

Also, the guy who told me this would be taller than the Pru also said it would "shoot up" once it got out of the ground. I don't consider 20 floors in 10+ months to be "shooting up" by any means. It makes me a bit less confident about the 756' vs 742' height. Who bleeping knows at this point.

Non sequitur that the speed of construction has anything to do with the ultimate height.

Non sequitur that the speed of construction has anything to do with the ultimate height.

I think the comment was more along the lines of questioning the source of information (if he's wrong about it shooting up, maybe his information on the overall height wasn't great either) rather than connecting construction speed to overall height.

Also, the guy who told me this would be taller than the Pru also said it would "shoot up" once it got out of the ground. I don't consider 20 floors in 10+ months to be "shooting up" by any means. It makes me a bit less confident about the 756' vs 742' height. Who bleeping knows at this point.

The 756' came from FAA obstruction filings. That's a good source.

I think the comment was more along the lines of questioning the source of information (if he's wrong about it shooting up, maybe his information on the overall height wasn't great either) rather than connecting construction speed to overall height.

Yes this is what I meant, thanks.

The 756' came from FAA obstruction filings. That's a good source.

I think so too, particularly since there is also a 755' and 755'. It makes me think they measured the 3 corners.

I thought the developer was even quoted several months ago in an article saying that once the first few floors were built we would see the building rise 1-1.5 floors per week. A complicated belt truss was obviously not a surprise to the contractors so I too am perplexed by the speed. We had several people on here (myself included) that had this topping out near the end of the year. People are really going to be moving in here in 12-13 months? Seems ambitious.

23117005_10155872836533829_7003951124545887981_o.jpg

23031641_10155873443648829_3447754861365123898_n.jpg

some shots from yesterday. it's beginning to move upwards, supposedly very soon it'll speed up noticeably.

comment from last week re: belt-truss install: "Not done yet, but when it is we'll be back at a pace of a couple floors per week
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · October 24 at 8:07pm"

and from a few minutes ago. looks like it's going to soon exceed the sheraton blobs
23167783_10155877998018829_5963442705871661724_n.jpg

Back