Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I found the 1000 Boylston renders hilarious because I just couldn't stop staring at 1 Dalton. Did they put 1 Dalton in there to show that 1000 Boylston was not really that tall or wasn't nearly as big of an impact as 1 Dalton?

Id imagine it was put in there because its under construction and will be there when 1000 boylston is started/completed.

These renders technically are from the 1000 Boylston Street air rights project document - they happened to include One Dalton in a bunch of the renders since they assume that project will be finished when 1000 Boylston gets built.

They are but half of the renders showed the before view without 100 boylston so I posted them here because they are renders of 1 dalton that have not been seen before. Putting the map there still wasnt a good idea to show the before view.

36707020243_6a005cc2f9_b.jpg

37346844352_0beca29caf_h.jpg

i'm grateful to God for what we have but they were on the 5th level in mid-april. what is that? a gd floor every 2~2 1/2 weeks for crissakes?

i'm grateful to God for what we have but they were on the 5th level in mid-april. what is that? a gd floor every 2~2 1/2 weeks for crissakes?

The podium encompasses the first 6 floors. You of all people should know it takes longer. In this case it took SUBSTANTIALLY longer, but really, concentrate on the speed since around the 7th/8th floor and nothing before.

thanks for these. btw, can anyone identify the grey tallish thing peaking above the horizon on the right side of this one?

Northampton square residential tower.

Im about to go off topic for a second and then we can get right back on:

Youd be happy to hear there was a proposal for an expansion a while ago. Not sure what happened to it or if its still coming down the pipeline at some point. That view would be much better and the skyline would be expanded further south a good bit id this is realized.

0.963767001481828168.png

Here is the thread so anything further can go there and we can get back on topic.
http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?p=240991

There will be a nice view from inside Fenway Park as well.

Agreed. I'm heartened that the spandrel "stripes" are more noticeable from afar- they're honestly kinda muddy from up close.

They're very close to moving onto the residential levels, if they haven't already.

They're very close to moving onto the residential levels, if they haven't already.

Yeah definitely; just a guess, but right around now is where there might be a building cross-sectional changeover to the residential configuration. That might explain what feels like a bit of a slowdown. Once they're back humming along again with the residential config from here on up, I think we'll see it speed up again (until we get near the top & have to deal with penthouse configs/roof/mech)

Agreed. I'm heartened that the spandrel "stripes" are more noticeable from afar- they're honestly kinda muddy from up close.

These stripes are about to turn into actual indents after the mechanical floor. Those might reflect the sun similarly to the Hancock's strip and MT's indents, which would be neat to see the vertical stripes lit up at sunset.

If you actually count the windows, the mechanical floor is 21 and then the residential starts on 22. It should be right around 20-21 right now.

...That might explain what feels like a bit of a slowdown...

I also think part of this is there is so much anticipation for the tower to push past the Sheraton (and friends) already! Mentally, it's already off to the races, but it still has another floor or 2 to go before it really does start poking through.

It also may have slowed down, but it's still visibly growing as far as I can tell. I can see the changes from many vantage points.

Back