Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I think your priorities are a bit out of whack. Height matters just about as much as dick size and when you are constantly railing about height it brings up other questions. Get off the internet and find the beauty in the city, you'll find it rarely has to do with having the tallest buildings.

Haha, no...I was not commenting on my own perspective at all. I was simply providing interpretive duties in response to Justin7's question regarding others' likely motivations for belaboring this height analysis.

I enjoy the tower's design and couldn't give a crap if it were 730 or 760 or whatever in between

Everybody has their own set of things that they care about. I learned a long time ago on this site that I am better off keeping my mouth shut when I couldn't give 2 craps about something. For instance, I don't care if another steakhouse opens up, or the city's 3000's coffee shop, or the exact breakdown of affordable units, or the exact breakdown of parking, or if there is bicycle access, or another Apple store.... I DON'T CARE! So you know what I do? I leave those portions of the conversation to the people who DO care, skip right past them, and focus on what I am interested in. Maybe some of you should do the same.

Why does it matter if it is the second tallest or the third tallest? What difference will it make for the people using the building, or looking at the building, or for the city as a whole? Will anyone actually be able to tell the difference? I'm trying not to be judgmental, but no one ever seems to explain why any of this is important.

Because stats and numbers matter to some who are interested in those sorts of things. Don't confuse final height being interesting on some level to some people with exact height being of critical or utmost importance to a project. I am not sure anyone is suggesting it is "important" that we know the exact height, but rather that some people may be interested in discussing it given all the varying numbers out there.

since when is discussing the height of the tallest building to be constructed in this city in 40 years off limits? Especially since there is contradictory information being released regarding the height....

Some of us are curious about the final height and why all the different heights from different sources. end rant.

47 years; (the JHT topped in 1971). :mad:

Why does it matter if it is the second tallest or the third tallest?

I enjoy reading your posts, and everyone's. It matters to me. I can't say exactly why. It just does.

We've got it within a margin of error of 14'. Progress.

Why does it matter if it is the second tallest or the third tallest? What difference will it make for the people using the building, or looking at the building, or for the city as a whole? Will anyone actually be able to tell the difference? I'm trying not to be judgmental, but no one ever seems to explain why any of this is important.

Think about it this way, what if the Patriots only scored 27 points during regulation of the Super Bowl? First off, it's "in the ballpark" so what's the difference, right?

Further, did the Patriots winning the Superbowl give me a raise at work? Did it do anything to help my family, my children, my town, really anything tangible in my life at all? There are plenty of people living in Boston where it would make no difference to them if Tom Brady and the Patriots won 0 Superbowls or 10 Superbowls. I hope those people aren't spending their time commenting on every Patriots story with "who cares, what bearing does this have on my life?" If you don't care, there is no reason to rain on the parade of people who do.

Let's take this a step further. At the end of the day, everybody on here is going to die and spend eternity being dead, and Boston will turn to dust. So, who gives a damn what any of us think? Why even have this website at all? Why bother? Why bother caring about anything?

since when is discussing the height of the tallest building to be constructed in this city in 40 years off limits? Especially since there is contradictory information being released regarding the height. Should we really discuss how great the glass looks for the 18th time? Or what about 40 posts on the antenna? 25 posts about whether it will grow 1 floor or 2 floors per week during construction? Sorry but when you have 127 PAGES of comments on one development there are going to be repetitive topics. Some of us are curious about the final height and why all the different heights from different sources. end rant.

I guess it's more that none of the people discussing height has brought up any new information as to WHY there is a discrepancy between the two measurements. I would like to know the actual height too but unfortunately I don't know if the FAA is accurate or if they tacked on a couple of feet for something like an HVAC installation on the roof (which I don't remember if they count towards the total height).

^^or what will be a very busy window washing boom.

the hvac package will be well hidden behind the mechanical screen.

boils down to if the screen is 43' or 57'.

triv·i·al
ˈtrivēəl/Submit
adjective
adjective: trivial
of little value or importance.
"huge fines were imposed for trivial offenses"
synonyms: unimportant, banal, trite, commonplace, insignificant, inconsequential, minor, of no account, of no consequence, of no importance; More
antonyms: important, significant, life-and-death
(of a person) concerned only with trifling or unimportant things.
synonyms: frivolous, superficial, shallow, unthinking, airheaded, featherbrained, lightweight, foolish, silly, trite
"I used to be quite a trivial person"
antonyms: profound, serious

jesus god above. i guess i'll go snap a damn picture tomorrow to post here so we can see the damn thing rising instead of spending another couple pages mired in this poppycock.

triv·i·al
ˈtrivēəl/Submit
adjective
synonyms: unimportant, banal, trite, commonplace, insignificant, inconsequential, minor, of no account, of no consequence, of no importance; More
synonyms: frivolous, superficial, shallow, unthinking, airheaded, featherbrained, lightweight, foolish, silly, trite

You could make the argument that a good chunk of the posts on this board are trivial. The fact is that there are several people who do not think the exact height of the tallest building built in a generation in this city is trivial. In the words of the immortal Dude, "yeah, well you know, that's like your opinion, man."

triv·i·al
ˈtrivēəl/Submit
adjective

By this very definition, copy/pasting from a dictionary is considered trivial.

I'm locking this thread for the weekend so you guys can cool down. This is childish.

I think we had a minor crane jump over the weekend. I say minor because I was anticipating our first set of bracing to the core for the crane to be included in it's next jump, but it looks like I was mistaken.

Thoughts on how tall it can be before bracing goes in? 200ft? 250? higher?

I think we had a minor crane jump over the weekend. I say minor because I was anticipating our first set of bracing to the core for the crane to be included in it's next jump, but it looks like I was mistaken.

Thoughts on how tall it can be before bracing goes in? 200ft? 250? higher?

There was definitely a crane jump over the weekend. I can confirm, I was having lunch at Flour Saturday afternoon when they were adding one of the segments. (at least 3 were added as two additional segments were resting on the ground when the first one was being raised)

FWIW...there was also a gap in the vertical neon on the crane, which was visible from the third base seats during Saturday's Lady Gaga concert at Fenway Park, or so I was told ;)

Looks like only a few more weeks before she pokes her head above the Sheraton!

Back