From Saturday:

37001466252_fa13034571_h.jpg

37001461742_d91ecd9b33_h.jpg

36359046953_af0a113f0b_h.jpg

36359044853_abb05335cd_h.jpg

36775608230_fee3114b83_h.jpg

36359039963_a6eeedb6a4_h.jpg

18, perhaps 19 at my last count.

This is going to be quite striking. It's starting to pop up from new angles in the neighborhood.

I actually think they might skip a bunch of floors near the bottom and, once it switches to residential, they'll end up calling the 22nd floor 26. I was looking at the 1 Dalton website the other day and noticed this.

Check out the diagram at the bottom here: https://www.onedalton.com/

The key is that the smaller floors near the base start at 7, and then end at 20 before that mech middle floor. Then suddenly, 26.

Edit: Including the screen at the top and middle mechanical floor, this will give the impression of 58 floors when counting windows.

Last edited:
The color of the glass and the curved glass REALLY makes this look high-quality.

Re: Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back

adding slightly less than zero; but, i remain fairly comfortable in my belief that 98% of the commuters, and 88% of the city folk remain completely oblivious to this thing's future existence being anything other than just the next Back Bay turd.

in any case, the arrival of Boston's 4th draws closer.

*turd may seem unfair and overused.

tisn't.

Agreed. Everyone I've mentioned this building to has been completely oblivious.

Boston's 4th??
Isn't it to be at least the 3rd if not 2nd?

It's certainly one of those, and within 10' in either direction of the Pru. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it's possible he meant 4th 200+ meter skyscraper.

Exactly I even had to explain to my dad that building he was talking about with the cool lit up crane is going to be as tall as the pru. He kinda of shrugged it off like oh cool. I dont think it really sank in that no this is going to be one of the tallest buildings in the entire city. He does foundation work on almost every new tower going up, they didnt get this towers contract, but he had absolutely no idea and he pretty much knows just as much as I do about what is and isnt going up, and in many cases more...sinces hes there working on them. People are in for a shock when it pops up above the towers around it, then keeps going...and going....and going.

...it's possible he meant 4th 200+ meter skyscraper.

yes.

The color of the glass and the curved glass REALLY makes this look high-quality.

The quality should go a long way to helping this become a popular new addition that folks welcome to Back Bay.

Exactly I even had to explain to my dad that building he was talking about with the cool lit up crane is going to be as tall as the pru. He kinda of shrugged it off like oh cool. I dont think it really sank in that no this is going to be one of the tallest buildings in the entire city. He does foundation work on almost every new tower going up, they didnt get this towers contract, but he had absolutely no idea and he pretty much knows just as much as I do about what is and isnt going up, and in many cases more...sinces hes there working on them. People are in for a shock when it pops up above the towers around it, then keeps going...and going....and going.

:rockon:

https://flic.kr/p/YpqPCC

https://flic.kr/p/YtB7jV

Thank you for those, @sticknmove!

I feel the structure's presence very much in images 5 & 7.

I am looking forward to some areas of Northpoint enjoying a stunning vista, as well.

I find this image humorous. They put the key plan over the part of the rendering that they were trying to highlight.

Screen_Shot_2017-09-26_at_9.30.40_PM.png

These renders technically are from the 1000 Boylston Street air rights project document - they happened to include One Dalton in a bunch of the renders since they assume that project will be finished when 1000 Boylston gets built.

I find this image humorous. They put the key plan over the part of the rendering that they were trying to highlight.

Screen_Shot_2017-09-26_at_9.30.40_PM.png

Back