One Kenmore Square | 560 Commonwealth Avenue | Kenmore Square

Re: Crossroads at Kenmore *sigh* | 560 Commonwealth Ave | Kenmore Square

Kenmore Point would be a better name, or hotel Kenmore. Lol I'm not even being creative.

Do I understand correctly: there'll be a 2-building Buckminster (like Buckminster Suites and Buckminster Hotel?) and then across the street, at 560 Commonwealth, the branding is TBD?

It'll only be "Crossroads at Kenmore" until they sign an operator for the hotel tower.

Re: Crossroads at Kenmore | 560 Commonwealth Ave | Kenmore Square

Crossroads at Kenmore is the hot new senior living facility for the Sox fan in your family.

Jeeze, doesn't the name just make you want to throw shit? :)

This looks awesome, agree w/ Justin, big win re: ped connxn between Beacon & Brookline. If the materials aren't cheap plastic schlock, the tower looks great. I think it's the right height. I wish they could plunk more height on top of the old Buckminster, but overall this is just what Kenmore needs: more height, more of a sense of enclosure by buildings, and extension of the activated zone up Beacon, which turns into a wasteland prematurely.

I particularly hope that they don't cheap out on the back side of this thing and make it a blank wall of cheap plastic schlock with one column on windows. They've handily left it out of all renders thus far. The back side will be highly visible to those walking the BU stretch of Comm Ave for a very long time.

I agree with Odurandina on max height here.

Dense commercial destination/residential areas with transit are central and support larger scale development. Infill is a runoff response from areas like these which produce support for 8-15 storey towers several blocks away. Essentially, by the time you reach these "infill" buildings, you're half way to another commercial/residential center. This IMO is what creates a continuous, dense, active cityscape. There's much talk about infill though it seems the actual origin of infill is in a premature state of consideration/discussion.

The best thing for Boston development is some overwhelming design to shake the people out of their linen cloths! We won't see bold innovation to address our concerns until the mold is shattered to help people think with a new mind.

Love those stairs on the last slide that go from Beacon to Brookline Ave. This will do a ton to cleanup that whole corner.

1uX5HC2h.png

5Dubvbsh.jpg

COaHvdbh.png

xvMohb3h.png

ebzO0h7h.png

qboGNCzh.png

MygZPoth.png

ajWh6Vqh.png

tYvijO6h.png

7ZnOHUVh.png

ruZ5KiDh.png

O9EAmT1h.png

nHdzJv8h.png

I40QWyth.png

fKFmW04h.png

Yi8JGvdh.png

xouRLd8h.png

3Q6JnhSh.png

9DgopXdh.png

EBapAuth.png

PI9HScNh.png

u9e6WPZh.png

0n2ixQmh.png

XAbVE6mh.png

HY6NW1Oh.png

0ShNIcLh.png

IaalTXoh.png

Looks really good. I guess that answers the question that was posed of if there will be a blank wall on the other side of that tower. Luckily not.

Do renders intentionally steer away from providing a clear idea of facade colors? The actual shade of yellow/tan/whatever it is of the taller building could either make it or break (e.g., see Harlo a.k.a. Happy Meal fries building) it.

Sometimes, I find it frustrating how different the colors are in real life vs. renders.

I guess I'm one of the few who really likes the Harlo color scheme, but I also just put my spinach lasagna into a sub roll, so I'm probably a degenerate.

I guess I'm one of the few who really likes the Harlo color scheme, but I also just put my spinach lasagna into a sub roll, so I'm probably a degenerate.

Lasagna in a sub role? Are you a carboholic?

[...]

also what's going on with the Crossroads at Kenmore hotel proposal?

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=5392

Sorry, don't have a real update, but I don't belief this projects website has been linked here: http://crossroadsatkenmore.com/

This was posted there in late April: "We expect to submit the DPIR sometime in the late summer or early fall of 2018.”

They also mention a spring 2019 start of construction.

Back