Proto | 88 Ames St | Kendall Square | Cambridge

Uh oh that crowns kind of ruining it. Shiiiit I thought this tower was a lock what just happened?

Inoffensive, understated, handsome. Good job.

Bank of America is relocating their Kendall location to part of the 88 Ames retail. No word on the rest, but I know residents were agitating for pharmacy.

Bank of America is relocating their Kendall location to part of the 88 Ames retail. No word on the rest, but I know residents were agitating for pharmacy.

BOA moving here, Fidelity moving to the ground floor at 200 Tech Square.
Looks like 238 Main Street is emptying out the ground floor in advance of renovations.

Retail goal number one at the new MIT SoMa project is to have a Pharmacy (CVS?). Decent size one from my understanding.

Let's get one in the neighborhood before the proliferation begins.

It's definitely needed of course, and came up as the number one missing piece per polled residents.

Per the latest e-mailed I got yesterday, Proto is over 65% leased.
Good news for them, and good proof (not that it's really needed) that residential is definitely viable and wanted in the neighborhood.

Now, if we could get another 10 of these in a couple years, or yesterday.

One of the large spaces is getting a restaurant named Cava Grill.

Cava is delicious. This is a good addition to the area.

Mods, please mark this thread as "completed"

Massing done right. Imagine if the seaport towers were this thin. It would be a whole different vibe over there. I know the economics wouldnt work but it would have looked great... well it does now but less squat. This “feels” tall, it would have felt like you were in a mini downtown if you had a bunch of these arund you. In a way its location is cool cuz it has the fattest neighbor ever that looks like a nub, but theyre the same height.

T8TA5wo.png

Bp7. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what the Seaport/Northpoint would be like with thinner towers like this. I like them now, but it would be a whole different feel. It would feel closer to downtown without actually being taller.

A coffee company from California that operates three locations in and around Boston stands poised to add a fourth to its lineup: Blue Bottle Coffee has submitted an application for an operating license at 88 Ames St. in Cambridge’s Kendall Square.

The proposed storefront spans nearly 1,500 square feet and would allow the cafe to seat 20, with a total occupancy of 40, operating from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week, per the application. A rep for the coffee company declined to confirm the potential expansion or provide additional details at this time.

https://boston.eater.com/2019/1/16/18185224/blue-bottle-coffee-cambridge-kendall-square

Back