The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Construction worker took a 30 foot fall:

Boston Fire Dept.
‏Verified account @BostonFire

Response to 50 Causeway St. Downtown at approx. 3:11 PM for a report of a construction accident. E-50 & L-1 treated & stabilized a conscious/alert construction worker who fell approx. 30’ from staging. Victim transported by @BOSTON_EMS .

https://twitter.com/BostonFire/status/1055913103953670145

DqdbXf1X0AAd7rN.jpg

DqdbXfzX4AAPiTu.jpg

DqdbXf0XgAE0-3N.jpg

It seems most of the posters on here support the multi-building approach of this development, rather than a monolithic superblock. I agree with the multiple building development, but I just wish there was more cohesiveness within the boundary of each building.

I get the chaotic look insofar as it evokes the excitement of an entertainment, nightlife and transportation hub, so it fits the intended function that way. But the materials and treatments could have been a bit more cohesive within each building.

Also, 30 ft drop? No fall protection?

Surely it's required, but this is what happens when safety protocols are ignored. "I'm not gonna rig up, I'm just gonna tighten a bolt quickly" turns into serious injury or death from a fall.

Will anybody here who is less lazy and better at math than I am (shouldn't be hard to find) want to weigh in regarding how many more levels till the core is topped out? Thanks in advance.

The construction wall inside north station has come down and looks like they are ready for the nov 1 deadline. I didn’t snap any pics but I asked a construction worker about the office tower and he said they’ll be starting it in January.

The construction wall inside north station has come down and looks like they are ready for the nov 1 deadline. I didn’t snap any pics but I asked a construction worker about the office tower and he said they’ll be starting it in January.

Is that just the subway entrance, or does the Champions Row entrance to the Garden look ready as well?

Is that just the subway entrance, or does the Champions Row entrance to the Garden look ready as well?

It's the champions row entrance that is almost ready. The subway connection is still walled off as of this morning.

OSHA will be investigating that one!! Some heads are gonna roll!! :mad:

Thats cool Im sure itll change with the teams or certain events. Check out that lighting of the right podium. In the top right of the top pic theyre lighting the vertical panels of the right podium inside the open air part. Looks good.

Thats cool Im sure itll change with the teams or certain events. Check out that lighting of the right podium. In the top right of the top pic theyre lighting the vertical panels of the right podium inside the open air part. Looks good.

They also have that same lighting outside along Causeway. Looks great at night.

Back