better 111 huntington

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
I threw this picture in paint and then chopped the top off of 111 huntington, which has an extremely ugly crown. I think this makes it look much better as a filler building and it even looks good now. How it stands today its just a filler building that stands out because of the extremely ugly crown. This makes this existing building look brand new check it out.
- Its JohnAKeith's photo it i just edited it.

better111huntington.jpg

It's not a filler building, it's intended to be prominent on the skyline.

the crown looks bad its r2d2 meets goldman sachs jersey city.

Demanding a crown is one of the few things Menino has done right, ever. That mock-up looks awful.

The crown is much better. I personally love the crown and without it, 111 is as dull as a rock.

Does anyone have a picture of the crown from when it was first opened? If I remember correctly shortly after opening they were having problems maintaining the crown, I think it was rusting.

I think it looked alot better when it first opened versus now, it was pretty and shiny!!!

Does anyone have a picture of the crown from when it was first opened? If I remember correctly shortly after opening they were having problems maintaining the crown, I think it was rusting.

I think it looked alot better when it first opened versus now, it was pretty and shiny!!!
Ur right it was nicer but rusted!

Love it!

Except that crap on the right side. Oh well. :p

Great photos.

Anti-crown. What is the point of a crown on a buildings? What is its meaning beyond mere ornament? Architects used to ask questions like that.

Back