Twenty20 @ Northpoint | 20 Child Street | Cambridge

Re: NorthPoint Cambridge (The one that was train yards, the big plan.)

http://

http://

Is that wood on the right bottom?

I'm not sure I've ever seen wood panels on a high rise...

Because its on the mock-up does not mean its going to be up high. Maybe at a podium level ... or base where a human scale element is desired.

I would agree though, wood tends to come with some serious maintenance obligations. Less so if just left natural (greying over time)

cca

yes good point on the mock up, I believe the mock up for sierra + tango which is still behind northpoint park somewhere has wood on it. The wood is only on the 1st and 2nd floor of both buildings. To me it gives almost a human scale to the building when you are walking by, 'almost' an element of a traditional wooden home around the Boston area. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate it to the new Twenty20 building, since it works great with the Sierra and Tango buildings already here!

The cube like structure you are referring to is a mock up for a lab building under construction in East Cambridge. They were allowed to use the NorthPoint property to build their mock up.

They're a roof, HVAC system and front door away from the coolest Dunkin' Donuts ever.

The core and foundations of Twenty/20.

q6y73eR.jpg

Also, Maple Leaf Building renovation is under way. Notice the big hole on the right side.

DLM7ETH.jpg

Whoa! That's a big core.

The base for the red crane is in place today for Building Twenty/20. Very soon we will have a new crane on the horizon.

I tried to post a photo of the construction of NorthPoint Building Twenty/20 but obviously it did not post correctly. Can somebody help? It comes up via Image Shack if you click on the black X. Does anybody have a detailed set of instructions for loading an image from Image Shack to ArchBoston? I have posted photos before but for some reason it did not work this time. Thanks.

I tried to post a photo of the construction of NorthPoint Building Twenty/20 but obviously it did not post correctly. Can somebody help? It comes up via Image Shack if you click on the black X. Does anybody have a detailed set of instructions for loading an image from Image Shack to ArchBoston? I have posted photos before but for some reason it did not work this time. Thanks.

It looks like an issue with Imageshack. The files seem corrupted on their end.

1). Go to http://imgur.com/

2). Create an account, or just click on "Computer" on the top right.

3). Click "Start Upload" near the bottom right.

4). Copy the BBCode URL from the right side.

5). Paste it into this thread.

I went back through the thread to check. This old site rendering showed a plaza with the placeholder building connecting to the bridge:
NorthPoint.jpg

But then this more recent model seems to show nothing, which is a damned shame:
buildingn2.jpg

There are stairs and a plaza, and how. They are blocked by the building in that view of the model, but if you scroll about 1/3 down the page below you will see some pretty delicious renderings of it all:

http://landworks-studio-boston.tumblr.com/

Back