⚫ One Marina Park @ Fan Pier | One Marina Park Drive | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

This post is CLASSIC..................Fan Pier design is absolute DISASTER.

You people are classic, Fan Pier isn't supposed to be a landmark development. Major, yes, but only in terms of volume. The landmark developments in the SBW are the BCEC and the Contemporary Art Museum, which, IMO, were both tremendous successes. Fan Pier is a little ahead of itself, but as the rest of the SBW is developed, it will fall into it's rightful place, as a background solidifier, to strengthen the design of the landmarks that will eventually be constructed. As I said before, it can all work together, and it must, in order to be a successful urban area rather than a weird office park thing accessed only by car and from the hotel next to the BCEC with all the out-of-town conventioneers.

From the renderings, I thought the new building under construction was a glass box, but it appears that precast concrete panels are rising on the side facing toward the Federal Courthouse. Fallon just can't get enough of this cheapo look.

From one financial center
IMG_6703.jpg

These pictures of Fan Pier going up remind me of the ones from the 1980s of all the Financial District towers going up. In 10, 15 years we will look back at these and be amazed.

what are the chances that this building doesn't look cheaper in real life than in the rendering?

if it does end up close to the model...it will be ok...for a stumpy glass box

First Park Lane and now this! Those precast concrete panels are a disgrace!

I can't wait to bring my grandchildren to Fan Pier 20-30 years from now and say "Behold! This is visionary Mayor Tom Menino's bold legacy for Boston" and point to the crap, shit, ugly, cheaply-built and designed Park Lane-esque vulgarity staining our City's waterfront.

"Wow" the kids will reply, "This is almost as nice as Kendall Square!"

This pre-cast shit doesn't look good today - it's not going to improve with age.

This is a democracy and we get the city we deserve. The man will be overwhelmingly re-elected.

These are some challenging times. I think Mr. Fallon over paid for this project. This situation could be more of a headache then an investment.

I took pcis from all angles, hope its not too much.

The project is a giant meh. Worst part? It blocks the great views of the city from the ICA

IMG_6755.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

IMG_6760.jpg

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

IMG_6773.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6776.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_6784.jpg

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6788.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

Hi ICA!
IMG_6782.jpg

(Tents were from an event held last night)

Sad to see something like this in such a prominent and beautiful location, but a least it's getting finished rather than left as a hole in the ground.

More than anything, the width and fugliness of Seaport blvd pisses me off. I see enough of this crap in Silicon Valley.

I don't think it is beautiful but if you have a neighborhood of similar buildings close to one another with an active street life than I can see this as a good first step. The problem is only time will tell.

I can't wait to look back at this thread in 5 years and see how much of the area has changed (or hasn't if the economy doesn't pick up).

More stubby, precast-clad junk from Joe Fallon. This guy has settled into the Seaport like an act of God.

Maybe Goldman Properties will come in a save it all.

Back