⚫ One Marina Park @ Fan Pier | One Marina Park Drive | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

I guess I meant that people who enjoy Boston, rather than those who live there to try to make it into a suburb.

Last edited:

i have to say, that video is just awesome. Great work by the people that made it.

That video is awesome. The city should hire whoever did it to make a promo video for the city, if they ever want to host events just default to it.

You know, I just noticed how much Fan Pier leeched on the VOR graphics language. Same little bouncy icon things, moving lines, and the logo itself.

Wow. I'm actually excited for this to be finished. What?

If Fallon can pull off what's on the video, I'll forgive him for his Park Lane Seaport.

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. That was pretty damn impressive, or it will be in 20 years.

Anyone else troubled by the entourage zombies in the park across from the ICA? The shadows must have gotten to those poor people.

The Silver Lie seems to be left off of the transportation iconography presented in the video. I guess the creators realized it doesn't count as a 'real' transit line.

window4nt7.jpg

window3yo6.png

NeoScape does a great job! They also did the Rose Kennedy Greenway video and just about every other high-profile video of Boston development.

However, a rendering is still just a rendering. Look at the first very pixelated image. The mullions are deeper and there are NO precast panels. (The illusion of depth makes the rendering look better.) The color looks gray not tan colored like the real photo. The real photo shows us the cheap precast with little or no depth to the texture of the surface.

If you look at the very first renderings of Park Lane, they look fairly good. There are different brick colors, texture, and depth. As you all well know, this is NOT what we got! So, I'm hopeful for Fan Pier, but very very worried.

Maybe they'll paint the precast...? I think there's more depth to it because the rendering is of a nice, sunny summer day. The photo is from an abysmal, gray winter day.

Anyone else troubled by the entourage zombies in the park across from the ICA? The shadows must have gotten to those poor people.

The Silver Lie seems to be left off of the transportation iconography presented in the video. I guess the creators realized it doesn't count as a 'real' transit line.

The silver line is mentioned TWICE

The wizards at Neoscape have used their digital magic to transport us 20 years into the future, to a fully built-out Fan Pier on Boston's... wait a second. Isn't this Kendall Square? Or is it Longwood?

Boston_FanPier_still_2.jpg

But surely this New Kendall will come alive because of its waterfront location, particularly on all the balmy days Boston has in January.

I think for the seaport, they should include a public swimming pool. Hell, if they are ever going to build the mall, they should include like a water park in there or a wave pool.

What an awesome video. I wonder if it will ever look that good....I also wonder if the McCourt Seaport parcels will ever actually happen.

Took a walk over to the Chapel yesterday to be a good Cathaholic for a change, and decided to take a couple shots on the way.

3310691167_9c8b1ab719.jpg

3311521794_31bde247dc.jpg

3311521860_dced2a765b.jpg

3311521944_a1caaecf44.jpg

3310691485_b9ba63e307.jpg

The last picture from this angle almost makes me fell like if this thing were another 10 or so storeys, then it wouldn't look quite so disappointing.

Enjoy.

It's like being magically wisked away to Ubiquitous-Office-Park, USA.

Soon, we will finally have a a world class waterfront to go with our world class greenway!

Back