đź”· Open Thread

Are you referring to reporters? Or people collecting signatures for initiative petitions and political candidates?

The "save the whales/save the childern" folks.

I don't mind what they do per se, I just find them to be oftentimes...overaggressive.

They're so obnoxious. They'd be a bit more bearable if they were really passionate volunteers rather than employees paid per signature.

Oh God. It's clipboard season again.

Make them go away. Please.

Um, it's always clipboard season. I've seen these people working during blizzards.

And actually, it's when they're passionate volunteers AND getting paid that they're the worst.

Oh, I see them here or there throughout the year, but during the summer it seems like they are on every single street corner.

I tend to politely tell them that they may find my world-view disappointing. It's true and honest, regardless of their cause.

^ So ... are you against whales? ;) Children, perhaps?

I'll bet Tatiana's collar and cuffs don't match.

^ No cuffs, toby. My money's on short sleeves.

Edit: I mean sleeveless...

Yes, BB, I believe that is the fashion trend.

As far as servicing in the field for cannon fodder conscripts, yes. But I could give you a laundry list of reasons why the common as dirt AK47/AKM/AK74 series are inferior to most Western rifles.

Fair enough, but to quote Uncle Joe: "Quantity has a quality all its own."

I'd take an FN.

Have a good weekend y'all!

sparkle.gif
flagdayglitter9.gif
flagdayglitter11.gif

flagdayglitter12.gif
flagdayglitter15.gif
flagdayglitter14.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds7FYOEX7Os

I love the inclusion of Harry Potter in the "America: Fuck Yeah" video.

EDIT: Haha, and sushi, too.

And the kid flipping the rest of the world the bird is actually a Dutch football hooligan in training...not a diehard Red Sox fan, as one widely distributed Photoshopped version would have it

kid-middle-finger.jpg

This is unfortunately true, but the Red Sox kid is better than the awful Kansas State photoshop-job that went around during the NCAA tournament.

Back