đź”· Open Thread

Most users ever online was 245, 12-17-2010 at 04:40 AM.

How on earth?

Spam bot attack? Distributed denial of service? Mashing F5 with an IP that changes?

And at 4:40AM of all times!

Most users ever online was 245, 12-17-2010 at 04:40 AM.

How on earth?

Spam bot attack? Distributed denial of service? Mashing F5 with an IP that changes?

And at 4:40AM of all times!

Search engine spiders.

Harbor Towers trolls bitching about shadows cast by Santa's sled.

4302179158_c932bf2331_b.jpg

It's the North-South Rail Link! And look, it's even been extended to Everett!

How on earth did they do it so under budget?

Ye Olde Philip Markoff:

To the ladies. Any young lady between the age of 18 and 23 of a midling stature; brown hair, regular features and a lively brisk eye: of good morals and not tinctured with anything that may sully so distinguishable a form possessed of ?300 or 400 entirely her own disposal and where there will be no necessity of going through the tiresome talk of addressing parents or guardians for their consent: such a one by leaving a line directed for A.W. at the British Coffee House in King Street appointing where an interview may be had will meet with a person who flatters himself he shall not be thought disagreeable by any lady answering the above description. N.B. Profound secrecy will be observ?d. No trifling answers will be regarded.

? Boston Evening Post, Feb. 23, 1759

Know what I really hate about sports (or at least sport fans)?

The "but he's our asshole" syndrome.

When player x from the other team plays dirty he should be strung up, but when player y from our team does the same shit he's a fucking saint who doesn't deserve this horrible persecution.

It wasn't a malicious or dirty hit though and that is the official ruling.

Furious Canadians are tying up police phone lines over this. SPORTS. Like, it's insane.

Am I crazy or has the word "bodega" completely replaced "corner store" or "local market" over the past year or so? I see this word everywhere lately.

I blame hipsters.

Back