đź”· Open Thread

1923aerial.jpg

2011 City of Boston Master Plan for Next Century: Revert to 1920s Boston

I'd murder cute little innocent puppies, turn myself in, and plead guilty if it would get Boston back to this. Okay, maybe not puppies... But definitely the mayor or president...

Anybody go to the parade? There was a ton of people there. Mostly annoying high school kids. The line 'I remember my first beer' was uttered a lot yesterday

I got lucky. I had work at 12:15 at AE and right as I was coming out of the headhouse at Gov't Center, the parade was going by, so I got to watch it before work. It was cool, but I DVR'd the actual news coverage which gave a much better view. Sat was so obnoxious - drunk customer after customer stumbling into AE, ruining our numbers and holding up our sales staff from actually assisting customers who actually wanted to buy.

what is 'AE' ?

American Eagle. I work at the Marketplace Center store.

Also of note on Sat were the station closures. The MBTA closed both Copley and Park St (yes, Park St - GL and RL) due to "safety concerns." Oddly, they were having passengers use Boylston as an alternative to Park St.

Anyone else here besides me not jump on the Bruins bandwagon?

Good. I was feeling a bit lonely in my neck of the woods.

Anyone else here besides me not jump on the Bruins bandwagon?

Me. Don't get me wrong, I used Game 7 as an excuse to get wasted on a Wednesday with friends and run around outside the Garden screaming like a giddy schoolgirl; but I didn't jump on the bandwagon. I'm happy they won, but I certainly didn't go to the parade.

I watched more Red Sox games over the span of the playoffs than Bruins games. The only exceptions were when I was out at the bar with friends who were into it. I still don't own a single piece of Bruins merchandise and don't plan on it.

I grew up on Bruins hockey with my dad & grandparents. Of all the Boston sports, they were the ones I have always enjoyed watching the most and wanted to win. Basketball, baseball, and football just bore me.

I don't think we should be that happy for NY, as this is what should be expected, not something strange... frankly I find it pretty sad that most states haven't already done the same. It's 2011 and this America. Seriously, what's the hold up (except the bible belt states, of course, which wouldn't take it without a fight). Grrr, damn society...

Back