đź”· Open Thread

Bahaha -
215095_582487613410_41900141_32223324_4493883_n.jpg

Beginning of computers starting to take over the world... one Captcha at a time.

^ Saw someone post one on a different forum just yesterday that contained some oriental characters. Skynet has commenced.

People have also had the Euro symbol (€) appear in Captchas.

I don't understand the "read books" part of their stop spam bit.

reCAPTCHA

reCAPTCHA is a free CAPTCHA service that helps to digitize books, newspapers and old time radio shows.

reCAPTCHA improves the process of digitizing books by sending words that cannot be read by computers to the Web in the form of CAPTCHAs for humans to decipher. More specifically, each word that cannot be read correctly by OCR is placed on an image and used as a CAPTCHA. This is possible because most OCR programs alert you when a word cannot be read correctly.

Anything for ratings. Next thing you know they'll be showing our fireworks from impossible angles. Oh wait-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mxfk272tZo&feature=player_embedded

"Beating up on Chinese clubs made up of players their own age apparently got boring for Real Madrid, so they decided to take on 109 Guangzhou children (in honor of Real's 109 year history). Real still won, but only by a score of 2-1.

Though some of their players aren't much taller, this proves that playing Barcelona is definitely tougher than playing 109 Chinese children."

Well tonight was interesting... I was part of a drug deal tonight, in that I sold a $50 giftcard to a man so he could buy crack outside (now, remember that I work at Faneuil Hall). He even said "this is for crack." Then it got even weirder when the dealer came into the store literally 2 minutes later and bought a bunch of clothes with the $50 gift card that was just purchased and traded for a crack rock.

Lesson of the night: In Boston, American Eagle Gift Cards are valid tender in drug deals. I love this city.

How did he pay for the giftcard?

Credit card. I guess that was the whole issue... he didn't have cash to pay the dealer, so an AE gift card was apparently an acceptable alternative. I just can't get over the fact that there are people selling drugs in Faneuil Hall Marketplace at 8:30PM during tourist season lol.

Credit card. I guess that was the whole issue... he didn't have cash to pay the dealer, so an AE gift card was apparently an acceptable alternative. I just can't get over the fact that there are people selling drugs in Faneuil Hall Marketplace at 8:30PM during tourist season lol.

Better than the Common at 1AM, what could be more suspicious.

I once saw a guy pass a little bag off to someone else in State Street. It was all one quick motion, it was if they didn't know each other or even acknowledge each other, they just walked past each other, one slipping the bag, one passing the cash, and off they went.

Back