đź”· Open Thread

tumblr_mtjqhl58E71sp90m4o1_500.jpg

For no particular reason, here is the directional distribution of roads in Cambridge (length of each bar is proportional to the road length going parallel to that axis)

Berlin-600x749.jpg

Paris-600x749.jpg

London-600x749.jpg

NewYorkCity-600x749.jpg

HongKong-600x749.jpg

Dublin600px.png

Source

Hmmm..... for Boston you would have to go with the Hancock, the Pru, the State House or the Zakim and...a Sam Adams? A cup of chowder?

^Boston used to be a major area for rum production (see great molasses flood). That would be cool but i feel like most people would say Why the hell is there rum on the boston one?

^Boston used to be a major area for rum production (see great molasses flood). That would be cool but i feel like most people would say Why the hell is there rum on the boston one?

You could put a puking college student on it instead.

Hearing rumors online about the Hilltop in Saugus is closing October 20th . Anybody know anything?

^ Doesn't sound like there are any concrete sources out yet, just scattered reports. It's reportedly closing on October 20th.

I realize the Hilltop is a landmark for a lot of long-time Boston-area residents. But the place has been coasting on fumes, at least as long as I've moved here in 2006. We went about 5 years ago and the steak my now husband ordered resembled a grilled baseball.

Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone is saying. Too bad they couldn't sell it to someone who could turn it around.

Probably too late now.

So my wife turned 60. We took several months off to sail around the world during which she decided it was time to quit practicing law. She retired and now is an amateur beekeeper. Did I mention she is allergic to bees? There are also now jars of raw honey all over my kitchen attracting every centipede with a sweet tooth within six block radius. I blame you people for this!

So my wife turned 60. We took several months off to sail around the world during which she decided it was time to quit practicing law. She retired and now is an amateur beekeeper. Did I mention she is allergic to bees? There are also now jars of raw honey all over my kitchen attracting every centipede with a sweet tooth within six block radius. I blame you people for this!

Why would she beekeep if she is allergic to Bees? Thats like working in a peanut butter factory if your allergic to peanuts...

Back