đź”· Open Thread

Every year, between Aug 20 and Sep 20, there is at least one perfect blue sky over a cold and dewy morning.

I had walked from E. Arlington to my desk at Arthur D. Little. My office was a little too cold, and I was member of an Airline chat group. First message from an AA guy; "One of our birds is missing'

Checking in for the first time in about a month. The new forum software seems acceptable, no?

Imagine my surprise/ shock that no one has apparently mentioned the Boston Zoning Board of Appeals scandal that is enveloping the city???! Does everyone think it's much ado about nothing?

One thing that I started to wonder about is, those people who do nothing but cheer-lead about tall buildings - maybe they've been trying to manipulate our thoughts here and on the Boston Globe boards, the whole time?

Morning all. Very low-tech history teacher in need of help posting. I have a few shots from my stay at 1 Dalton and am unsure how to post them in the thread. I created a flickr acct but am stuck. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Morning all. Very low-tech history teacher in need of help posting. I have a few shots from my stay at 1 Dalton and am unsure how to post them in the thread. I created a flickr acct but am stuck. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

With the forum update you can directly upload your photos using the *insert photo* button, which is between the link and emoji buttons at the top of the post box. Or you can click "Attach files" and upload an image file.

With the forum update you can directly upload your photos using the *insert photo* button, which is between the link and emoji buttons at the top of the post box. Or you can click "Attach files" and upload an image file.

Thanks, George!

Imagine my surprise/ shock that no one has apparently mentioned the Boston Zoning Board of Appeals scandal that is enveloping the city???! Does everyone think it's much ado about nothing?

Count me as not surprised at all. Just assuming they are finally reporting that there is graft in city approval process. Overly restricted zoning and over regulation creates this.

After two quarters at the top of our list of metro areas with the highest net inflow of Redfin users, Phoenixfell to number three in the rankings in the third quarter, passed by Boston at number one and Sacramentoat number two. A net inflow means more people are looking to move in than leave, while a net outflow means there are more people looking to leave than people looking to move in.

Hmm...it looks like aliens abducted the post in question I was responding to. Maybe the poster's bugshart insanity will end up being 'fixed' after the tracking device is implanted in his brain.

I BELIEVE. đź‘ľ

Can anyone tell me wtf happened to bldup.com? Between the stupid pay wall and the dead link to upgrade to premium, I'm happy to throw in the towel, but I thought someone on here is likely the website's admin, sooooo.....

Would anyone be open to reading a cover letter for a Master's Program in Urban/Transportation Planning?

I feel the lot of you are very experienced in the field and would offer great insight.

Anyone have any secret sunrise photography spots they wanna share? Looking to get out early one of these days..

I was looking for an appropriate transit thread to post this in but failing that, here it goes.

Prior to social distancing of course, that used to be considered a major form of public entertainment: https://www.familytree.com/blog/staged-train-wrecks-of-yesteryear/

EDIT: Brockton Fair, 1933
content

Last edited:
Conspiracy theory... Just saw a bunch of luxury units come up for sale at Lovejoy Wharf all at once. Are these the fabled "foreign investors with empty properties" cashing in?

Conspiracy theory... Just saw a bunch of luxury units come up for sale at Lovejoy Wharf all at once. Are these the fabled "foreign investors with empty properties" cashing in?

No. A lot of units there never sold and were eventually rented out and apparently they’re taking another stab at trying to sell them. Out of 157 units they’ve only sold 87 since closings began in December 2017.

Last edited:

Back