🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

ArchstoneBerk.0.JPG

?

I have not heard a peep since the Commonwealth pulled the open solicitation for bids on the DOT parcels (25, 26, 27) due to no bids.

Big issue apparently was the lack of information on hazardous material on site, and the DOT wanting developers to be responsible for cleanup.

...Big issue apparently was the lack of information on hazardous material on site, and the DOT wanting developers to be responsible for cleanup.

See, to me, that is a perfect example of a legitimate use of a tax break/incentive...

Wow.... i may have spoke too soon. If i'm interpreting this correctly, it appears the BPDA Board meeting scheduled for November 16th (9 days after Marty seizes his 2nd term as mayor) has no fewer than three 400' low skyscrapers up for Board approval!

http://boston.siretechnologies.com/sirepubbra/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=390&doctype=AGENDA

the Back Bay Station Twins +
254-258 Huntington Ave Tower
also; the pc for Landmark Center, and a few other projects.
i wonder why the document doesn't read "254-264 Huntington." is this only for the Theater?

It will be interesting to see if we get a Board vote scheduled as early as December for 1000 Boylston.... That would be a buildup of quite a large cache of highrises, no?

huge day at the BPDA Thursday.....

btw what has become of Harborfaro Tower and 1 Bromfield?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/11/13/mass-pike-project-allston-cost-billion-more/Ih2REEfvVX2Cg633AQSXvN/story.html

I cant read this story about Allston yards. If someone could and see if theres anything new thatd be cool.

Go to your phone's browser, clear the history/cache, and hit refresh. You'll be able to get a fresh "2 article limit" and read it.

Basically it's detailing 3 options for the project. Begin in 2020, finish 2025. Viaduct replacement, highway on flat round with rail elevated above it, or rail and highway flat on ground (best and cheapest option).

Its the back bay garage next to the hancock. Not sure if your implying you would like this in the Seaport, or thought it was there. Either way I dont like this at all and I hope its redesigned.

Its the back bay garage next to the hancock. Not sure if your implying you would like this in the Seaport, or thought it was there. Either way I dont like this at all and I hope its redesigned.

I don't like it either. It's a gigantic wall and forms a massive visual barrier. We aren't allowed to go tall but we are allowed to totally wall off parts of the city.... Boston Properties should be ashamed of itself. They build SF's new tallest by hundreds of feet, but continue to sell their own city short.

I like the concept. Whacky and interesting design
I feel like the perception of the building is on shaky ground and could fall down at any moment.

Looks like a kid put this together with building blocks

Anything is better than the parking garage there now. And it will make quite a statement when you come off the Mass Pike exit and see this massive project.

Anything is better than the parking garage there now. And it will make quite a statement when you come off the Mass Pike exit and see this massive project.

I believe the parking garage is staying. Just getting a facade treatment.

You can see the entire garage above the ground level floor. Its covered with that metal looking material with the lots of diamond shapes.

You can see the entire garage above the ground level floor. Its covered with that metal looking material with the lots of diamond shapes.

I actually did not realize that the bottom of development was a parking garage. That's the problem with zoning and height restrictions concerning these above parking garages they become money machines and there is no incentives to knock them down and build a quality development.

There should be a zoning law created that gives developers incentives to completely knock out above parking garages and let them build higher or allow them to build less open space. Since an above parking garage blocks the entire ground level from ever becoming pedestrian friendly

I actually did not realize that the bottom of development was a parking garage. That's the problem with zoning and height restrictions concerning these above parking garages they become money machines and there is no incentives to knock them down and build a quality development.

There should be a zoning law created that gives developers incentives to completely knock out above parking garages and let them build higher or allow them to build less open space. Since an above parking garage blocks the entire ground level from ever becoming pedestrian friendly

There are rare exceptions -- like the Motor Mart garage in Park Square. Excellent ground floor activation. But I generally concur with this sentiment. In the urban core, parking belongs underground.

WHOA I didn't realize that. Definitely less of a fan now.

^ Yeah IIRC its actually a modest expansion of the garage

Back