🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

What's the tall red crane that I see in Kendall Square? Looks like a good sized building.

any news on the 3~4 big Chinatown projects, including 15 Harrison, 79 Essex ....and the 360' tower site/rfp?

I forget the excat address, but any news on the new apartments at the strip mall across from Oliverias in East Somerville/InnerBelt. It stinks that they kicked the businesses out but haven't started to work on the project. It's been years.

Lol yea that ^ and 888 Boylston are two of the few buildings I have been strongly against. That towers ground level is a joke and I cant stand when developers go out of their way to make something worse than a regular glass lobby would be. I remember I was still in the Marines and I had said I could draw a better ground level on a napkin and someone called me out and I drew up a new ground level on a napkin from the chow hall in my barracks room and posted it lol. Man that must have been like 4 years ago at this point. Anyways yea that tower is horrible and its going to require demolition of a much better building in the process, which we need to be avoiding with as many open spots as there are.

It was 10 years ago.... anyone know what became of this?

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=1941

T eyes air-rights lease
Bids sought for UMass station

By Scott Van Voorhis | Friday, December 28, 2007 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Business & Markets
Another project may soon be in the pipeline near Dorchester?s long-neglected waterfront.

The MBTA is seeking developers interested in building a major complex at the JFK/UMass T station.

The deal would include air rights over the tracks, the parking lot and the station itself.

As it seeks ways to bolster its budget, the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority is putting out to bid the development rights to 4.7 acres at the Red Line station.

The MBTA, which is marketing the property through a private firm, is hoping to reap nearly $400,000 in annual rent under an 85-year lease agreement, bid documents show.

The move comes as planning begins on two other significant projects along the harbor in Dorchester, at the Bayside Expo & Conference Center and the University of Massachusetts at Boston.

?I think it?s timely,? said Vivien Li, head of the Boston Harbor Association. ?There is a lot of stuff happening in the neighborhood. This is waterfront property. There is not that much waterfront property left.?

The winning bidder will have the chance to build more than 300,000 square feet of new development, according to bid documents issued by Transit Realty.

The project could include residential, commercial and some retail uses, according to an MBTA spokesman.

The MBTA?s development push would join two other projects in reshaping Dorchester?s waterfront. The owner of the Bayside Expo & Conference Center is planning a $1 billion residential, office and retail complex on the 30-acre site. Meanwhile, UMass Boston recently unveiled a $750 million plan to remake its own campus.

?The JFK/UMass air rights parcel lies in the heart of what will likely become a significant transit-orientated development (TOD) district,? MBTA spokesman Joe Pesaturo said in an e-mail.

garden garage tower? someone here told us a few months ago they were planning for January. Is that still on?

https://northendwaterfront.com/2017...er-shelley-conservation-law-foundation-video/

"CLF said the Downtown Waterfront Municipal Harbor Plan that is currently under State review is illegal"
Thank God CLF identify that scenario for the public.

I actually thought AMO's buying politicians with his non-profit company was legal.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ent-opposed/jgasIZaK6CsPVWjyZkbLlL/story.html

Where was PETER SHELLY, CLF and the Barr Foundation when all that open space on the Seaport got developed? Why did they sit back and watch all the side deals Menino and the BRA were cutting with developers?

23.40---"The Chiofaro plan Nobody knows what that is BUT ITS BAD" By Peter Shelly-----WTF
I think the above parking garage is worse because there is NO ACCESS OR OPEN SPACE already to the public.

Everything they say in the video is contradicting themselves concerning open space for the so called public especially concerning fighting the developer on the garage that is already blocking open space for the public.

Last edited:
garden garage tower? someone here told us a few months ago they were planning for January. Is that still on?

Most recent I heard now is April after the bruins/Celtics seasons are over.

Most recent I heard now is April after the bruins/Celtics seasons are over.

It's a little soon to call it, but based on their current situations both teams appear to be playoff bound. We'll be lucky if this tower ever happens. There's always an excuse to keep delaying it indefinitely.

Any update on Harbor Garage these days? That development is completely off the grid at this point. Looks like the NIMBYS and the Barr Foundation won. Keeping a garage that blocking the entire Waterfront to the Greenway.

That's great idea to keep Boston from bettering itself.

Back