🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

I still think it's awesome. I have a feeling this building is going to be a great divider for years to come.

I'm with you. The only issue I have is finding out the ground floor was an above garage. That is the only thing that spooks me about this.

This type of overall architectural design would fit perfect in the Seaport or Kendall Square right now.

GO FOR IT.

If you folks don't mind, I'm going to ask a couple of "what's that building" questions after a recent trip down on the Downeaster.

First, near the T railyard in Somerville, there's a new core going up that's about 6-7 stories; what's going in there?

Second, in looking at the banner graphic here, most of the landmarks are obvious... but what's that white building on the far right, with the semicircle atop the center?

(There was another I was going to ask about, but I found my answer.)

TIA for any help!

Second, in looking at the banner graphic here, most of the landmarks are obvious... but what's that white building on the far right, with the semicircle atop the center?

500 Boylston Street. It's right by the Hancock. Back in the day, FAO Schwartz had a store in here. Also, I have seen it in tv shows. I think Ally McBeal had their office here.

If you folks don't mind, I'm going to ask a couple of "what's that building" questions after a recent trip down on the Downeaster.

First, near the T railyard in Somerville, there's a new core going up that's about 6-7 stories; what's going in there?

(There was another I was going to ask about, but I found my answer.)

TIA for any help!

Banner graphic is 500 boylston and core must be the new Philips headquarters north point Cambridge.

Thanks, @dhz22 and @617! (I have no idea if at-mentions work here :) ).

Are you thinking of NorthPoint (Cambridge Crossing)?

It might be; I didn't see a banner announcing the name of the project, just a roughly 6 story concrete core with nothing around it yet. 627 suggested the same, the new Phillips HQ in NorthPoint. It's easily visible out the right-hand side of the train coming in on the Lowell line.

Since its closed.

NorthEndWaterfront-2018-02-17-at-6.35.27-PM.jpg

https://northendwaterfront.com/2018/02/chiofaros-harbor-garage-agrees-indemnify-aquarium-deal-city-officials/

I dont think so seeing that its being 100% revised. Hopefully that is integrated into the new proposal though.

Not a project per se, but what's going on with the surface lot on the corner of Cambridge Street and Blossom across from the Wyndham? It looks like some of the car lifts have been removed.

It's a prime site - within walking distance to both Bowdoin and Charles MGH, at the base of Beacon Hill, and right at Mass General. It's perfect for a hotel, or something mixed use (office/residential, etc.). It would also fill the only surface lot on Cambridge/Tremont until you get to the 290 Tremont lot. That's a nice urban stretch (State Services Center, Charles River Plaza, and City Hall Plaza aside).

Any update on the Old Northern Ave Bridge? Seems like the city's not really taking that Coast Guard warning to take the bridge down or the GE incentives that seriously since it's been over 2 years now...

Any update or new renderings presented for Harbor Garage? This specific development process has me truly scarred on the entire development process in Boston to allow this garage to stay intact on the Greenway like this.

Show the true colors of how corrupt this process has become for the political hacks.

What about the Jobs our politicians cry about and give unlimited tax incentives to corporations to build in Boston?

This is a great thread for people to pose questions that never get answered.

With that said, we're 1 month away from SST's deadline. How long of an extension do we expect them to get this time? Are they EVER going to actually build the damn thing?!

This is a great thread for people to pose questions that never get answered.

With that said, we're 1 month away from SST's deadline. How long of an extension do we expect them to get this time? Are they EVER going to actually build the damn thing?!

To many components involved with SST--- I would not want to be the developer involved in this one.

It's a great idea---but way to many moving pieces to get anything done.

You missed the significantly bigger story.... Hancock having 2nd thoughts about building that hideous inverted 390' office tower. May God be with us and that such misguided garbage either be re-thought or not built.

Or a re-design of the base and crown. The rest of the tower looks pretty nice, although I dont like what were going to lose in its place.

Not bad

150803stuart-street-viewhalf_750xx1650-2195-0-475.jpg

Bad

380-Stuart-EPNF-20A.jpg

Doo doo

john_hancock_tower_boston_back_bay.jpg

Back