🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

JeffDowntown

Reaction score
288 Harrison was approved by BPDA just before the construction shutdown, around March 12.

mass88

Reaction score
Are the Msssport projects at Logan still able to be worked on? Or are they at a standstill?

JumboBuc

Reaction score
Are the Msssport projects at Logan still able to be worked on? Or are they at a standstill?
Massport projects are State projects and don't need to stop for the City of Boston stoppage.

stefal

Reaction score
Fun fact, Parcel K in the Seaport is technically on Massport land and can continue construction. I know the workers on site were raising some noise about not feeling safe, so I'm not sure if they've continued work through the peak week(s), but they were working when everyone else around them wasn't at the beginning of the stay at home advisory.

cjbski

Reaction score
One Dalton is sort of back. Some work on the exterior sidewalk appears to be continuing.

FitchburgLine

Reaction score
Crossing my fingers, but looks like remarkably few negative indicators for construction. Clearly starts will be borked for a while, but the pipeline of U/C projects is reasonably deep and nothing appears to have failed

lexicon506

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about projects that haven't broken ground yet. Hoping we won't see One Kenmore and the Mass/Newbury pike parcel end up in the "proposed but never built" thread.

stick n move

Reaction score
Does anyone know whats up with dot block? They demolished the old warehouse.. then nothing.

Suffolk 83

Reaction score
Hey you have a dirt lot too? Welcome to the party. At least Washington Village by me now has a lot of pretty wild flowers growing.

I dont think demolition costs much in the grand scheme of things so these projects could easily stall. I think these residential developers might want to wait and see how the economy and the local housing market play out. Thats best case scenario

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whats up with dot block? They demolished the old warehouse.. then nothing.
From the Dorchester Reporter on 6/4:

The launch of the $200 million DotBlock development at Glover’s Corner was expected to take place this spring, starting with the construction of a four-building residential complex with 488 housing units at the site.

With construction on hold for the past few months, developers were still permitted to maintain their work sites.

“The Dot Block team continues to work on pre-construction activities necessary to advance the project,” said Catherine O’Neill, a representative for the developers, Samuels and Associates and Wintergold LLC.

The complex will include about 30,000 square feet of neighborhood-focused retail space and more than an acre of public space. Revised plans that were approved by the BPDA last year also include a 345-space underground garage.

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey you have a dirt lot too? Welcome to the party. At least Washington Village by me now has a lot of pretty wild flowers growing.
It wasn't planned to start construction until the summer according to this Curbed Boston article from February. No news since then on whether there are behind the scenes problems due to COVID-19.

TomOfBoston

Reaction score
Any word on the 104-108 Hemenway St. site? After the fire one building was demolished and the other boarded up.