100 Fore Street | Portland

Look at those beautiful power lines! Now that is not natural art! The art gallery looks great. I was stuck at an Aroma Joe's in Manchvegas and they were telling me they plan on finally opening one on the peninsula - I had asked why there is not one in downtown Portland, but Portland is their headquarters. I guess the rent is quite high in these bottom level mixed developments.

Look at those beautiful power lines! Now that is not natural art! The art gallery looks great. I was stuck at an Aroma Joe's in Manchvegas and they were telling me they plan on finally opening one on the peninsula - I had asked why there is not one in downtown Portland, but Portland is their headquarters. I guess the rent is quite high in these bottom level mixed developments.
They gave one in back cove hannaford now

Do they even have any walk in locations? I imagine it would be hard to find space for a drive thru only location on peninsula. They did just lease (or buy?) land in the Portland Technology Park on Rand Rd for a new corporate office so they must be looking to expand.

I noticed a week ago that they removed all the Wex signage from the exterior of this building. Maybe it's nothing, but it made me wonder if they could possibly be replacing it with Roux signage. Roux did add a pretty permanent looking bit of signage to the Fore St garage entrance a little while ago and they've had banners on all the street lights on that stretch of the block. It doesn't look like Wex has vacated the building but it did also make me wonder if Roux may have now/is going to lease the entire building as Wex presumably has switched to a hybrid work environment?

I noticed a week ago that they removed all the Wex signage from the exterior of this building. Maybe it's nothing, but it made me wonder if they could possibly be replacing it with Roux signage. Roux did add a pretty permanent looking bit of signage to the Fore St garage entrance a little while ago and they've had banners on all the street lights on that stretch of the block. It doesn't look like Wex has vacated the building but it did also make me wonder if Roux may have now/is going to lease the entire building as Wex presumably has switched to a hybrid work environment?
Wex changed their logo and are updating the signage.

IMG_3078.jpeg

New style WEX signs are up.

WEX has submitted a site plan application for the parcel of city-owned land it recently acquired abutting Thames St. Although the address is different, This is technically the next phase of the "100 Fore St" Development and the final phase of WEX's campus build-out.

1681603856800.png

1681603932458.png

1681603912887.png

This would have been a great group of buildings out near the Maine Mall, in Scarborough or at Rock Row......Downtown Portland on the waterfront?.....gimme a break. Very poor planning by the city.

I know I wrote it before but its a shame this area was not considered for a new arena back when the entire area/lots were vacant. A mini Chase Center (New S.F. arena)-12k capacity would have been nice right over here. Although I think 5 acres would have be the minimium for a development of that size.

Now talk about a buzz kill for a prime location.- hopefully there is some serious modifications to this proposal's current renderings. Build up and see the NIMBY's rise up and cry at the board meetings. :p

With UK / European street markings. Makes me wonder if they outsourced the rendering to the other side of the pond

100 Fore Street and next this are huge pedestrian dead zones between the Old Port / India Street neighborhoods and the Eastern Waterfront. Adding insult to injury: the private rooftop social spaces for employees to enjoy the waterfront, rather than creating an active, human street front to the neighbors. Could they not have included any street level retail if they didn’t want to have any corporate break out spaces there?

Not good corporate neighbors yet. WEX needs to make some improvements here.

They just replaced the Wex signage on this building with Roux signage.

Image 11-18-23 at 10.42 AM.jpg

So this is a screenshot from their web site showing the street sign. What signs are actually on the building and do they have the red Northeastern N logo attached?

View attachment 44668
So this is a screenshot from their web site showing the street sign. What signs are actually on the building and do they have the red Northeastern N logo attached?
I was down in the area today but didn't get photos (maybe tomorrow). There is new Roux Institute signage on the building complete with the N, but it's all black rather than red. High quality individual letters though rather than Lucite panels.

Back