100 Shawmut Avenue | South End

^ Yes I saw this too yesterday, construction lights inside and looked mostly if not all gutted already. This already was approved? I didnt think it was.

I agree with the grey comment, everything since 2010 or so is grey, it's wearing me out

^ I agree with the grey comment, everything since 2010 or so is grey, it's wearing me out

I used this critique in my letter of support on the Bostonplans.org website. I suggest everyone take 2 minutes to a) write in support of overall project and b) question the amount of grey.

I actually like the color. I also like City Hall and three deckers

(Ducks to avoid rotten fruit)

And what's "wrong" with City Hall is eminently fixable.

This one is getting smeared in NIMBY attacks driven by the church conversion next door. It's infuriating.

5ZBV5swh.jpg

According to Buldup this building is now financed.
http://www.bldup.com/posts/south-end-development-receives-105-million-in-construction-financing

South End Development Receives $105 Million in Construction Financing

The development project at 112 Shawmut Avenue in Boston's South End has received $105 million in construction financing via M&T Bank.

The Shawmut Avenue/Washington Street Block project will include three new buildings and represents a collaborative effort between the developer and two Chinatown community organizations, the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association of New England (CCBA) and Boston Chinese Evangelical Church (BCEC).

I am amused by the temporary scaffolding for the cell antennas.

Back