115 Federal St. (Winthrop Square)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or give it to me. I have unlimited hosting on my school's website, with a few terabytes of information currently on there.

I don't think imageshack works for panos. I have one that's 3.5 MB in size and whenever I'd try to upload it the site would resize the image to 800 x 17 pixels and 19 kb.

castevens, if you're willing, PM me your email address.

Has anyone seen this?

belkinltp12192006.jpg

I hope the rendering behind him is an early one because the rooftop garden looks a little odd. Here is a large version of the rendering we've all seen. You can see a little more detail in this one.

64938520piano20bostonkt3.jpg

The rooftop garden seems to be perched on a central column - perhaps an elevator shaft. The general shape reminds of the Pru, ever so slightly.

ZenZen said:
The rooftop garden seems to perched on a central column - perhaps an elevator shaft. The general shape reminds of the Pru, ever so slightly.

In this rendering you can also see glass panels extending past the top floors on all sides, just below the roof garden. I think its a combination of the Pru and Goldman Sachs Tower in Jersey City.

It reminds me of the Four Season Hotel Tower in Miami
bra3ch4.jpg

miami11.jpg

I think the rendering next to Belkin (if that's him) looks similar to 115 winthrop, but i don't think that's it. i don't like the overhang on the rooftop garden in that rendering if it IS the rendering.

Although it's not clear, the surroundings around the rendering in the Belkin photo don't look too much like Boston. It looks like it may be too close to the water too. Although, i could be wrong. I hope i'm not, because i like the rendering we've seen in the Globe, etc. a lot more.

It's clearly belkin, even if you've never seen him in person just do a google image search and it's pretty obvious.

According to the documents at the BRA, the roof garden does not extend out over the main envelope on any side, so I'm not sure what's up with that rendering with Belkin in it.

An easy way to tell what that building is would be to perhaps look at what the story associated with it said. The image is linked from the herald website, so whoever posted it should Know what the story it came from was about.

Patrick said:
An easy way to tell what that building is would be to perhaps look at what the story associated with it said. The image is linked from the herald website, so whoever posted it should Know what the story it came from was about.

The article was about 115.

This image came along with the above article, showing Beklin with the wooden model in the BRA's map room.

Belkin sure is a charismatic and influential person. The type of person needed to make a project like this happen.

LeTaureau said:
Belkin sure is a charismatic and influential person. The type of person needed to make a project like this happen.

He sure has a lot of dirty money. That gets things done in cities like this.

can someone render in another spire on the other side? see how that looks. maybe either same height or higher? or why not even a spire on every side? if u have the garden on top(which would prohibit a cool design on top), why not add more around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back