115 Federal St. (Winthrop Square)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work. Though I really don't expect the tower to change Boston much at street level, it is neat to see in some of your graphics how a Big Three--115, Hancock, and the Pru--dominate the skyline.

Amazing work there, it's so cool to see it from so many different angles.

Again, great work. The only place 115 seems to fit in is when viewed from the ICA. Perhaps that will be the future postcard shot, taken from Anthony's Pier 4 with the shiny new ICA in the foreground and 115 anchoring the composition..

I think its most interesting angle is from the south.

What would Van Voorhis think???

Tell me where the shadows will be on the Boston Common, at 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM, summer and winter.

Thanks for the great images. I think WS would be impressive from virtually any angle, actually balance Boston's skyline as a whole and make a powerful statement DT for other buildings to follow.

Excellent work, shiz. I'd like to request a few more. One from the Bunker Hill monument, one from the intersection of Causeway and North Washington streets, and one from the intersection of Tremont St and Mass Ave.

As a third focal point, it makes the skyline seem infinitely larger, almost as if it's connecting the financial district to the back bay. However, it completely dwarfs everything in the area, making heavyweights such as BOA and International place seem miniscule in comparison. If South Station Tower and especially Gateway Center get built along with this, the skyline would truly be magnificent.

Of course, I would still tweak the design some, hopefully on all of those towers.

more details

Fom the Boston Business Journal:

he's calling Trans National Place on Federal Street

Belkin said he will move his company's headquarters into the building, leasing about 100,000 square feet. He said he has another 150,000 square feet of "strong commitments

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2006/12/25/story6.html?b=1167022800^1393765

One thing that distinguishes Boston from other cities is the use of alley ways as shortcuts. People use to cut across the parking lot next to this garage and then thu an alley way behind the Arch St Church and on to a Downtown crossing subway entrance(Snow Place). I'm not sure they can still do this, it's been 20 yrs since I worked in that area, but it would be nice if this new building recreates this access way at it's base.

Bunker Hill Monument:
bunker-hill.jpg

North Washington and Causeway:
nowash-causeway.jpg

Hot air balloon above North Washington and Causeway:
nowash-causeway-balloon.jpg

Tremont and Mass Ave:
tremont-mass.jpg

Thanks shiz, much appreciated. I like the impact it has on the skyline from Bunker Hill, but I wish it was a little taller so it'd stand out more as one approaches from Charlestown.

One more, if you don't mind: from Summer St in front of the convention center.

The tower looks less bland an boxy from that angle with the spire

i like it.

i don't like buildings that look like pickles or penises.

that my .02

So thats why we have flat topped buildings, that Puritan blood makes us react negatively to anything penis shaped. :lol:

^i think that may be an underlying factor in the brick flat top look???????

vanshnookenraggen said:
So thats why we have flat topped buildings, that Puritan blood makes us react negatively to anything penis shaped. :lol:

I dont think non flat top is necessarily penis shaped. Penis shaped is more like shaft followed by protrusion at the top. Although this barcelona tower is totally penis shaped and stupid looking.

dsc01745.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back