1550 Soldiers Field Road & 21 Soldiers Field Place | Brighton

Reaction score
Approved two-building, 223,000-square-foot residential development overlooking the Charles River featuring a total of 249 apartments and condominiums. A six-story building at 1550 Soldiers Field Road would contain 211 market-rate apartments, and a four-story building at 21 Soldiers Field Place would contain 38 affordable condominiums. Apartments would include 60 studios, 87 one bedrooms, and 64 two-bedrooms. Upper floor apartments would be angled to capture views of the Charles River. Condominiums would include 11 studios, 16 one bedrooms, and 11 two-bedrooms.

A total of 175 parking spaces would be provided on site, including a parking garage underneath the apartment building containing 148 spaces and a screened ground-floor garage within the condominium building containing 27 spaces. Both buildings would include outdoor courtyards. The development would replace a two-story, 44,800-square-foot office building with surface parking, and is located minutes from the Massachusetts Turnpike by car. The 15.2-acre Boston Landing development and its’ new MBTA commuter rail station are both located a short walk away.

The following are renderings of the development:

1591889035289.png

This area is completely changing for the better. Within half a mile or so, (to include the mall and Boston landing) I can think of more than 1000 new apartments currently under construction or approved. It might be closer to 2000 or even higher if you say in the next 5-10.

This area is completely changing for the better. Within half a mile or so, (to include the mall and Boston landing) I can think of more than 1000 new apartments currently under construction or approved. It might be closer to 2000 or even higher if you say in the next 5-10.
If we can close a side of that stretch of Leo Birmingham Pkwy and turn it into linear parkland I would be fully satisfied with development in this area. The BPDA has been pushing for it, BTD is on board it's just the joys of DCR roadways that never get improved.

Back