The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

It's also really impressive looking down Congress from the top of Munjoy, it's pretty much a straight shot. If @Corey is looking for a new angle, I'd love to see what it looks like with a good camera.

IMG_3157.jpeg

Progress on the tenth floor!

Agree with your One Monument Square comment Shawn. The exterior makeover several years ago has really improved its appearance and has separated it visually from Two Monument Square where I always felt they looked too much alike. The two story crown also gives 1MS a little more height with a vertical emphasis where 2MS looks more squat with a horizontal emphasis. Credit to Corey who initiated this amazing angle back in 2020.:)

Last edited:
Curious - How close to the boom on the crane will the top of 201 Federal be? The lower load block height?
@Portlander above counted the vertical steel currently being at the 14th floor out of 18. My thinking is the building will top out around the bottom of the second (from the top) section of the mast. If that makes any sense at all.

Good call nomc, the roof should level off close to the top of the communications antenna (barely visible) on One City Center. Appears to average around two floors per each horizontal break in the tower crane which I'm going to guess at 20' segments.

Last edited:
I was flying in today from CLT and took this pic.
I have never been fortunate enough to have a starboard window seat on a flight that took the harbor approach into PWM (granted, I don't travel for work so I don't fly that often). Nice pic!

Back