22 Water St | North Point Area | Cambridge

Re: 22 Water Str. (North Point Area), Cambridge, MA

14138218879_d3dbc50380_b.jpg

14345034353_a3dac3a293_b.jpg

Those dark rainy shots are sexay.

Are CMU elevator shafts and stairways common for buildings of this height?

These CMU's are for the Marriott Fairfield Hotel project, that is replacing the Genoa Packing Building, not 22 Water Street.

not a huge fan of the massing, feels like a landscraper to me. However given the location and context of the site it may be okay.

Hoping that cladding materials help alleviate my concerns about massing.

I look out at 22 Water every night, but there are no operational floodlights in the building yet. However, about a week ago I noted they began lighting the separating wall at night...

That's what she said.

Great stuff - it looks swanky in person. And there are lights at night now, too (just a few, but visibly three more last night than on Monday night)!

I watched demo on the MBTA building begin this morning with my coffee. It was tentative, though (around the west door), so I'm not sure if it's full-on or tire kicking...

I watched demo on the MBTA building begin this morning with my coffee. It was tentative, though (around the west door), so I'm not sure if it's full-on or tire kicking...

I hope it hasn't come to kicking the tires on the demo of a building that was scheduled to come down a year ago. Prelim work on the new line's viaduct is supposed to begin in the fall. Obviously, this building is a little bit in the way.

A great disappointment, I'm afraid ... almost nothing done by EOD yesterday. But the builders have added a lot of steel this week!

Is it just me or did the steel on this one go up incredibly fast. Maybe it started earlier than i was aware, but from the pictures on this thread it seemed like this one really went up quickly.

Is water street eventually going to be connected to the north point street grid?

What they really should do is run third street over the tracks to connect with innerbelt...

Is it just me or did the steel on this one go up incredibly fast. Maybe it started earlier than i was aware, but from the pictures on this thread it seemed like this one really went up quickly.

It's been like that with many of the recent projects. Some of the projects in the Fenway area went up super-quickly. I guess they're just improving the methods for construction.

Back