321 Harrison Ave | South End

Ever since stefal pointed out the "3-2-1" window arrangement's reflecting this building's address, I see it in every pic. Especially in Beeline's latest above. Really is such a cool detail.

It's trying a lot of things but I think it works, at least at this scale/location

This feels like it's taking ages to wrap up... no?

This feels like it's taking ages to wrap up... no?
They don't want to wrap it up until they have a tenant -- it is being reconfigured for life sciences -- so there will be some major rework before this is "done".

Office-to-lab swaps in Southie, South End get city's OK
BioMed Realty is under agreement to purchase an under-construction office development at 321 Harrison Ave. and 1000 Washington St. in Boston’s South End and convert the facility to lab use.
screen-shot-2021-02-23-at-22716-pm*750xx1586-892-0-225.png

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...-lab-swaps-in-southie-south-end-get-bpda.html

They don't want to wrap it up until they have a tenant -- it is being reconfigured for life sciences -- so there will be some major rework before this is "done".

I have not been keeping tabs on this project, so when I was scrolling through the photos just now, my first thought was that this building looks exactly like what some biotech building would be in Kendall.

The curtain walls on this building, the new Beth Israel bulding and 105 W. First Street really really really rub me the wrong way. As far as glassy variations of Ye Olde Borg Cube go I think they look even worse than Goodwin and PwC. But lucky for them they have One MPD to make them look good.

For some reason, this reminds me of a budget rate Uppsala (Sweden) concert and Congress Hall. In person this concert hall looks fantastic, BTW.

1634874377918.png

Back