401 Park Drive (née Landmark Center) | Fenway

The section next to Fenway station is done, but as FK4 points out, it's rather useless until it gets a connection under the DCR roads to the Muddy River paths. That would be a huge gamechanger.
I've been anxiously awaiting this for so long haha.
And I remember the ROW section next to Landmark all the way through to the huge parking lots on Maitland back when it was open to the public. The final section was filled with tents of homeless people and got a lot of foot traffic during games, it was great to get people from Fenway Station to Fenway Park. It was a good spot at night to smoke weed in, other than the one time a bunch of my friends got busted by the cops (I got away haha). I never liked how they closed it down in the 2000s, for no good reason (unless you support blocking off unused land that homeless people use), although I get that it's a major construction site now so needs to be fenced off.

At least they added a cross walk and pedestrian Beacon crossing Park Drive *on top* of Fenway Station this summer, so that’s a slight improvement.

True. Although cars keep parking on the no parking triangle which causes dangerous traffic patterns on the road. I don't get why Boston Police don't just ticket people who park on those triangular "this is where the row of parking ends" spaces. It's egregious. In this case, though, they should have just removed all the parking on Park Drive.

What tenants do they have? Per the globe, they have leased most of the space

F799F627-09F7-41CE-B382-3BAA8745D57B.jpeg

Third Rock Ventures is moving to one of the Fenway buildings u/c or planned and it's child companies will be moving there (or are there)

I'm not one to complain too much about signage, but something about that one, in that style, off of that building, is unsettling to me.

I'm not one to complain too much about signage, but something about that one, in that style, off of that building, is unsettling to me.

Without it, though, you might genuinely not know which complex 401 Park is. They're promoting it a lot. Dunno why they couldn't just call it "Landmark Center".

Maybe to add a bike lane? It doesnt look big enough for a travel lane so cant think of anything else.

Maybe to add a bike lane? It doesnt look big enough for a travel lane so cant think of anything else.
From the documents I've found it's a travel lane and in person I can confirm it's wide enough for a travel lane. It's so the intersection can have turn lanes for all directions I think. Also if you're already moving curbs you would make it a separated bike lane not a street level bike lane.

I don’t like the corner fins look like a heat sink. Are they mining bitcoin to heat this space?

The finned motif is getting tiresome to see on so many buildings.

Last edited:
The glass has been stuck at this level since September. I'm wondering if it's sitting in containers off LA?

Reactions: FK4

Back