401 Park Drive (née Landmark Center) | Fenway

Re: Landmark Center Expansion | Fenway

I thought there was always a second tower planned for that spot - is that in the master plan, and just not applied for yet, or is there actually no formal plan for an eventual second new tower here?

They scrapped the original redesign plan when they opted for the current office "Phase II" plan instead, so there is no current residential tower officially planned for this site. That doesn't mean one won't later be proposed, however.

Speaking of phase 2, are we still at the "in discussions" phase, regarding when construction is going to start? I recall a while back that Samuels was contemplating going on spec. Not sure if there has been any development on this front or not...

Trillium to open a "1,500-square-foot brewery, taproom, and retail store" out front of the renovated Landmark Center, in one of the pavilions where the parking lot used to be. It's scheduled to open by the end of the summer. A perfect use for that space. [Globe]

Trillium to open a "1,500-square-foot brewery, taproom, and retail store" out front of the renovated Landmark Center, in one of the pavilions where the parking lot used to be. It's scheduled to open by the end of the summer. A perfect use for that space. [Globe]

State lawmakers were (or are) trying to get rid of beer gardens, so it makes sense that these breweries are opening up permanent locations.

Meanwhile, the Tetreaults have signed a deal with developer Samuels & Associates. to open a 1,500-square-foot brewery, taproom, and retail store at the Landmark Center, which the developer is now marketing under the name 401 Park, in the Fenway. The Trillium facility will be out in front of the Art Deco building, on the site of a former open-air parking lot.

For what it's worth, the thread name should probably change to "401 Park Drive (formerly Landmark Center) | Fenway".

https://boston.eater.com/2019/3/29/18286777/trillium-brewing-fenway-canton-expansion

Trillium_Fenway_Ext.0.jpg

Great new art installation/fountain in the new park at 401 Park. The piece entitled Grouping of Works from Fountain is by Nicole Eisenman. You can read some background information here and see a video of the new fountain and sculptures here.

Last edited:
I was just wondering what happened to this. Huge delay between anouncement and it happening.

The second photo looks super suburban but the rest looks great

I audibly gasped when I saw these pictures! Those are pretty famous statues by Nicole Eisenman, a prominent contemporary artist who currently has pieces in the Whitney Biennial. I saw some amazing sculptures by her at the 2013 Carnegie International ( http://ci13.cmoa.org/artists/nicole-eisenman ). She is known for taking sort of historical representations of women in art and turning them on their heads by changing gender, adding contemporary ephemera, or puncturing them in unexpected ways, all while doing it with a giant wink and a huge dose of playfulness. I think almost daily about her painting "Ketchup and Mustard War" ( http://ci13.cmoa.org/artwork/2710 )

I will be running to see this fountain next time I am in Boston!

P.S. after I typed all of this I did a quick google and found this great article about the statues:
https://www.galeriemagazine.com/nicole-eisenman-boston/

Last edited:
I might be having trouble positioning myself in the picture here, but isn't this where blick has always been?

Sorry for the confusion. This photo was to remind me that they had moved. You are correct this is the old location which is closed. Blick has moved west into the SE corner of the Landmark building.

I might be having trouble positioning myself in the picture here, but isn't this where blick has always been?

That's what I thought too, I was in person there a few weeks back and the store was empty and I thought they moved OUT but I could also be confused

How does this compare to the Public Market?

For me it was much more relaxing and the quality (food and space) were much better. This may have something to do with my age.

Back